Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

No they run a bit bigger

1 Like

Maytech sealed or regular?

The sealed Maytech in my experience are not the greatest motors. The newest model TB motors are pretty good.

Also for a street board at 10S to 12S I think 190Kv is a lot better, but ymmv and of course motor Kv is an important design detail.

1 Like

Regular. I just saw that Maytech also has a 190kV 6374.

All things equal, TB or Maytech or am I splitting hairs?

12s lipos, 16/40 pulleys, 110 mm urethanes.

I’m looking for a guide or thread where I can learn how to wire my 12s smart BMS (By Apex) to my NESE 12s4p battery. Can any1 help?

I would slightly favor the TB ones over Maytech regular and strongly favor the TB ones over the Maytech sealed

The newest TB ones, they have changed

But also would like to hear others weigh in

2 Likes

This thread has tons of goodies

But a small number of the wiring diagrams have issues, so double-check

1 Like

Do MBS shockblocks for matrix II’s “Break In”

i feel like I have two setups that are the same. both pretensions completely backed out but one feels looser than the other.

one set is much more used. someone suggested that’s why.

1 Like

Have you tensioned the adjustment screws?

yeah

Hmm, couldn’t tell ya…I’d imagine they wear out eventually, how much use do you have on the old set?

Yes they break in. Red went from “can’t even turn” to “did i even install them?”

2 Likes

~3k miles? at least 2k. loosing track.

thanks.

Oh yeah, one of my orange blocks is so broken in that it doesn’t sit in the matrix cavity perfectly anymore. Still rides fine but I noticed it a week ago and have been meaning to change it.

1 Like

Anyone have an idea of where to find pulleys forbs with a larger than 72t count?
Maybe something in the 90s?

You can CAD and print them…I can make one if you need it

1 Like

Yeah my recently acquired printer will probably be used for that. Just wondering if one is available as a product in pom or aluminum

How much of a problem is rock stops on an esk8 with thane? Before I got into esk8 I rode a 121c Aileron with 70mm wheels for 6 months to get used to skating, and suffered quite a couple of rock stops along the way.

Does esk8 have some ability to “push through” some of what would normally stop an analog? If I end up with a thaned esk8, it’ll also have at least 90mm thane, but possibly 97mm, so quite an upgrade in size over 70mm.

1 Like

I can’t remember a single time in almost 4 years of riding esk8 that a rock stopped me. Yes one stopped me but that was like 1km/h speed maybe. Everything above that is no problem. I use 90mm wheels

E: i sometimes even take my board with 90mm hub motors offroad through gravel or dirt.

5 Likes

At 90mm you’re good with most small things, any larger than a bearing is going to be a big risk though. More problematic is shit on your belts when they get stuck

1 Like

Thinking of getting hubs, so that’s not a problem.