Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

3 Likes

Haha classic.

I mean…I’m not mad at this. I can’t get all 5 crossbars on bc there’s the gap the size of the orange piece but at least the motor wires arent getting crimped and i have 3 crossbars.

5 Likes

Funny how we both ended up posting about a Janux mount close to the same time. I fixed the videos from before as dropbox cancelled them. Basically one side mounts fine and the other one will spin as normal until it hits a certain point. From there it either wants to stop spinning or it sounds like is scraping and I stop spinning. I’m mounting with M4-8mm screws but even tried m4-6mm just to see if the screw was an issue with no luck

Please help!

1 Like

Ok total noob question.

I just received the TB 6380 190kv motors and have a flipsky 6.6 dual VESC. I’ve never wires an esc to motors, anything I need to know so I don’t screw up? Do I need shrink wrap to connect the two?

Don’t let the three phase wires touch each other (while the ESC is powered up)

Also you can hand test motors

Make sure you insulate them so they don’t come disconnected or touch while under vibration

1 Like

Hey sorry if I missed it somewhere, but have you contacted him through email? He replies pretty quickly and he even sent me replacement parts if I paid for shipping. Very nice bro

1 Like

Will do, thankyou,

Yeah man that is funny. Hopefully someone can help.

1 Like

Im really not sure the issue… The other side went on no problem. This side does not want to play nice. I might try swapping board sides to see if it helps but Im thinking it might be an internal issue on a shiny new maytech…

Edit- I believe I might have a bad new motor (Maytech 6385C2) A friend with the same mount said to add a washer between the mount and motor to see if the friction and stopping of the free spin would help at all but it didn’t. Even with the clearance of the washer, the motor will stop spinning at a certain point in the rotation. I have emailed Maytech(@Eileen) to see if they have any help to offer.

What is the wheel to motor axles length for the dickyho extended motor mounts?

Uhh, how is the latching switch supposed to be wired? Mine does not have LED’s so I thought sw+ and sw-were the leads to the switch but perhaps the Flier 300a is different. Can’t find a schematic anywhere.

I think I have it hooked up correctly. I hear a small click with power hooked up when I push button so I think it’s doing something.

Batteries directly to esc works so it’s the switch middleman that’s causing an issue.

Short mounts are 78mm
Long mounts are 95mm

5 Likes

Probably from ground to sw- for “off” and ground to sw+ for “on”?
Play with the wires, see what happens. Whatever you do don’t short ground to +12v obviously

My rear foot always gets numb after i’ve been riding for some time, any solution ?

1 Like

Happens to me too. Do you put all your weight on your rear foot? Usually, front feet should have slightly more weight if not most weight.

What I do is carve more actually. I know nothing about physiology or body mechanics, but when at a static stance, the muscles in your feet are just building up lactic acid. When you carve, youre cycling through different muscles instead of just the same ones.

3 Likes

I try to move my weight to the front foot when i remember, but my body defaults to a upright position and i have to activly think about moving my weight to the front foot
And i find it a bit scary to have most of my weight on the front foot

2 Likes

i just can’t. No matter how often i try to do it, the habit gets me. I usually even feel safer with the weight on the rear.

2 Likes

It’s for sure different for some people because of how they ride. Sorry I should have stated that. For example, it does not make sense for someone to have their weight on the front foot if they’re applying torque. That’s almost physically impossible because your rear foot is acting as a brace. So if you’re frequent with throttle and torque, then it makes total sense if you’re not accustomed to it. But for long distance, steady state high speed riding, (which for the record most people don’t actually do here) front foot stability is key

IN THE END, where your weight is doesn’t matter for most people but to avoid foot fatigue, do the carves

Source: I’ve been riding my board for like 2 days

6 Likes