Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

So decided to just go with calibers since apparently they will be a lot easier to mount. Would it be a good idea to go 50 degree in the front and 44 in the back, since I’ll mostly be riding on streets?

I ride 50 front 44 back. But only because i didn’t know better at the time. Feels good.

1 Like

Wait so is it a good or bad idea. Or should I just rust 44 both?

Its good if you want it. Not good if you don’t want it. But its not wrong to do it. A lot of people run different angles. Just read articles about what degree does for you and choose accordingly.

1 Like

Ahh so its just personal preference. Okay, I read up on it thanks

2 Likes

There’s a good thread about split angles here Split truck angles, wtf are they? and why should I care? and other stuff about trucks

2 Likes

I just got a couple of torqueboard’s new TB6 vescs and I’m not sure how to program them, I assume I will use the vesc tool like my old tb bldc vescs, but those came with instructions stating which version of the firmware I should use- these new ones didn’t come with anything like that.

Anyone running these that can point me in the right direction? I’m running 12s4p battery and TB 6380 motors with AT wheels if that info is helpful

Mine came with 5.1.

Have you done a motor detection before?

No I haven’t - my only experience with vescs is the older tb bldc which came with fairly detailed setup instructions and I still had to get help from @Skyart (thanks again for that BTW). These ones didn’t have anything with them instruction wise- Dexter messaged me that tutorials were coming but not for a little while and since they’re not officially up for order on his site yet, I’m not exactly sure, I just know they’re much different than the old ones.

I tried searching for a TB6 setup thread but I couldn’t really find anything dumbed down enough for me:)

2 Likes

All are basically the same. I’m newish but can walk you through too. Our homie @skyart has anwered a ton of questions for me. You ready to do it now? You’ll need the latest vesc tool.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I’m actually at work for a few more hours though (booooo work).

I tried to find the latest vesc tool download last night and it looked like 2.05? Does that sound right?

2 Likes

I think it’s 2.06 currently. You’ll need to get your battery info, gearing, tire size, and motor info together. Are you running sensored or sensorless?

These may help:

https://vesc-project.com/documentation

I don’t currently have the sensor wires hooked up but I could.

It seems like I’d read that it didn’t make too much difference either way but that may only pertain to the older generation of vescs- I have sensor wire adapters, would you recommend I run sensored?

I poked around on that site for a while and didn’t run into this page- Thanks!

1 Like

I just searched for vesc documentation

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=vesc+documentation&t=hk&ia=web

1 Like

Dey should already come wiff correct firmware so I wouldn’t touchy touch it…

Do all the other stuffs tho motor, battery, remote etc. etc
:penguin:

@abusfullofnuns is :100: correct about dem coming with firmware already installed.

1 Like

I have tried a handful of Kegel pulleys. Torqueboards bolt-ons, both the old and new design DickyHo pulleys, 3D Servisas and Boardnamics. The 3DS and BN press-fits are both killer. The 3DS pulleys have more pins and fit with slightly tighter tolerances compared to the BN pulleys which makes them more difficult to remove if you like to swap wheels frequently. My current favorite are the BN pressfits, but you cannot go wrong with either Boardnamics or 3D Servisas pulleys.

3 Likes

An engineer buddy came over to checkout the mountainboard i am building and see if there are things i missed. I trusted him even more than I trust myself with my lipo batteries but he ended up shorting one.

So my question is, are shorted lipos salvageable at all? Or is it a paperweight at this point?

1 Like