Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

hmmm for some reason when i try to upload my log it just hangs. my battery is set to 22.5A per ESC though

I had to reinstall the metr app I just lost all my logs. I’ll have to record again tomorrow.

1 Like

I’d expect a volt or two of sag, maybe a handful at full load (45A/side). I’d guess maybe you’ve got a bad connection somewhere between the cells and the ESC.

A loop key that isn’t fully inserted can cause this. Make sure it’s fully inserted all the way. It may take some effort to fully seat.
Another potential cause would be poor/cold solder joints.

1 Like

What are those little screws I see people use to fit the enclosure onto the deck? They’re not regular screws, but have neat system whereby there is a kind of nut embedded in the deck…any ideas?

Threaded insert
Fender washer or cone washer
Socket head cap screw (or other)

4 Likes
5 Likes

Amazing, thank you!

thanks!

1 Like

Cloud wheels have a different core, so you’d need to buy new wheel pulleys to use them with that board. If you’re already using cloud wheels, then you already have pulleys for them I assume :slight_smile:

Is it a bad idea to run a flat deck with TB218s and 97 wheels? I don’t really like the look of drop downs but don’t want to end up with a failed build

Nice intro I feel like a noob again hoping to avoid some pitfalls this time around. not going full retard no straps and no lunchbox. But this may change.
495nko

3 Likes

Most fender washers are M6 I use M5 and M6 but they are beefy. M4 is more noob friendly.

1 Like

it works the same way, deck shape is for personal preferences or specific needs

1 Like

am i right in thinking that for a street build a Vesc6 based ESC such as the maker x mini foc plus is going to allow me to configure better braking (smoother and more responsive) than the Vesc 4 based Go-Foc Retro? - id be running 12s4p NESE battery and my remote is Flipsky V2

Are there pivot cups out there made to fit a caliber hanger in a paris baseplate?
I did a stupid and mixed them together reading that they are fully compatible, now my front truck has 5-6° area where it wobbles freely because the pivot cup is ever so slightly too wide

https://www.riptidesports.com/pivot-cups/

I’ll check connections. what ever it is, it just started a day ago.
** update**
Connections/connectors look good. Unity, Battery solder joints (XT60’s)

2 Likes

Hiya guys.

So I just ordered 30 extra cells for my pack to go from 6s10p to 10s9p and I need to charge all the new cells up to meet the current pack at 3.9. (yes I should’ve fully charged it before disassembling but I didn’t haha) can I just make the new cells into a 1s30P back and charge without balance up to 3.9?

Cheers

yes

10gillbordons

3 Likes

So decided to just go with calibers since apparently they will be a lot easier to mount. Would it be a good idea to go 50 degree in the front and 44 in the back, since I’ll mostly be riding on streets?