Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Somebody tried this Hub motor conversion kit for cloud wheels on the Backfire Mini > https://www.icloudwheel.com/collections/diy-accessories/products/wheel-pulley-kits-for-cloudwheel-discovery-version ?

WAT. DA. FUKK. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :sneezing_face: :woozy_face:

1 Like

Yeah bro, this is what real motor control and three phase power looks like :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Right side is labeled B- and left side is labeled P-

I want to wire this as a bypass, can I get some help?

This came with no documentation

1 Like

Sounds like a charge/discharge vms from the same port then. Wire the P- to the charge port negative and direct leads ofd the battery for discharge if that’s what your wanting

2 Likes

Okay that’s what I assumed, just wanted to be sure. Thanks.

There was an edge case for example where if you hit max throttle at speed you would suddenly get launched with the full battery amps as motor amps as well.
Not a gradient, just… 85… 87… 89… 90… 120…
It’s fixed as far as i know but it was quite the read for me lol

3 Likes

How fine is it to run my Motors with more amps than stated if the temps allow it?

My Motors 2x 170kv 6374 got to 55-60c after riding 3km of steep hills up the castle

So technically i should be fine bumping the value even more?

Motors are rated up to 80A, i’ve set mine to 75A and reached 60.5A yesterday.

Super duper fine. Current generating heat kills motors. We need better air delivery to our motors though. It’s the next roadblock in our systems imo. Aside from a skateboard shaped battery of course.

2 Likes

So…?

Or yes if temps are within limits

1 Like

Yes if temps are within limits

6 Likes

Alright, just want to make sure before killing my new motors :sweat_smile:

I have seen somewhere that someone posted a youtube link on how to add polyurethane rail protection to decks… i stupidly didnt save the link. Can anyone help me out with that one? My google fu has been weak.

2 Likes

I have problem with long steep hills. It seems as board just loses torque and then it stops. Thought I had mosfet thermal throttling, but no, temp didn’t go over 66 degrees C. Or could it be that only one ESC, not connected to telemtry, hits thermal throttling? Looking at log, power and current just decreases, no cut off or anything suspicious.
My setup is dual ESCape - with heatsink facing out of enclosure, 1:4 gearing, 8 inch, 180kv 80100 motors and 13s battery. I don’t see where lack of torque/power could come from
Btw I am talking about really steep hill, like 25%+
Video:

Csv log: https://gofile.io/d/ndtCaK
Steep hill starts at around 480sec mark

1 Like

My escapes got replaced with TB6 this week for the exact same reason. Hottest esc was only getting to the low 80s according to metr, no faults, but slowing to a crawl on steepish hills. Start at 30mph and end up at 5mph.

5 Likes

Did TB6 solve your problem?

Only one ride(yesterday) and metr died so didn’t head to the hills yet. Would like to wait for my replacement to get here but will probably head that way today. It’s like 110 heat index though.

1 Like

Let me know how it goes! It’s just hard to believe that escapes are not capable of something like this

You’re geared for ~70km/h top speed, that’s really tall for lots of hill action IMO. Do you ever go that fast actually?
Can you post a metr log?

2 Likes