Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

my favorite kind of underware!

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
10pickledildos

Anyone knows a good 12S / 3A charger seller in EU with fast-ish shipping ? I don’t really mind the price, thought about the charger too late. Need one for my 12S4P of P42A that I just received :smile:

@EboardSolutions should have 4a 12s chargers!

2 Likes

At 4p p42a you want a bit more than 3 amps honestly

2 Likes

What battery is it? It could mean you have unbalanced cells.

2 Likes

Noob question: Want to change from flipsky to Hoyt. Why the heck is there one more cable on the flipsky receiver and what do I do with it?

Where does it go?

Yah also any label on the board near the pin would be a good hint get a close up of the receiver straight on.

Could be going to external antenna or could be some kind of telemetry but not sure of any config the vesc can do with receivers over serial unless the receiver uses the UART somehow to send control signals to the VESC (perhaps a reverse switch or the like)

1 Like

The blue cable goes to the main power line. When the remote is powered on you have a row of 4 LEDS that indicate how much battery you have left, if it’s not connected you only have 1 blinking LED.

in short: its for the battery indicator on your remote that shows you your board battery.

5 Likes

That extra wire goes to battery positive so the remote can tell you how much battery you have left. You can get rid of that wire for the Hoyt remote.

edit: ninja’d by @xsynatic

5 Likes

Thanks! So that means either battery indicator or better remote.

Can street wheels i.e. Abec11 etc … fit MBS matrix II trucks ? If so, which bearings do I need ? MBS are 12 mm, bearings are 8mm , is that possible ?

1 Like

@Minimadness Just bought the last one. Thanks for the recommendation, I already bought a bunch of things from @EboardSolutions in the past and did not even checked his store before posting here… :+1:

@Athrx I went with 4A in the end, I was going by what was recommended by Alan who made my pack. :slight_smile:

Considering buying a prebuilt complete cheapie to be my backup board. @Linny how close is Arc to dropping? @glyphiks any ideas mate, a Stoke maybe? @BillGordon are you happy with your sExway, I’m considering a Flex Riot.

5 Likes

You can find 12x22x7 mm bearings but they are quite expensive.

I’ve seen TB110’s on Trampa 9.525mm trucks with these bearings.

Though if you already have the Matrix II trucks then this doesn’t really help.

1 Like

Based on my experiences, I would feel confident saying that the Flex will meet your expectations.

5 Likes

Unfortunately it might not be as soon as you’d like haha, still tying up loose ends and polishing them up. I’m meeting someone to ride and he has a Flex Riot, i’ll let you know if it’s good.

5 Likes

My slave vesc is running 2 - 2.5c hotter than my master. Could it be different belt tension or in my case heat transfer?

Running Jedboxes with double heatpad (because we all know how good it made contact with 1 layer)

I conformal coated the pcb, around the fets too + a “thin” layer as suggested.

edit: same goes for the slave motor about 1.5 - 2c

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same with one of my setups.

2 Likes