Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

That’s just the ones I could think of off the top of my head, a BGT was my first ever esk8 but I sold it because underwhelmed.

I like Exway because of the Hobbyking association, and they’re turning out solid product with good features. The Flex Riot has real wheels, forged trucks, and good enough specs.

@JJHoyt Booger looks hawt, but likely $$$ above the other options. Remember it’s not meant to be my primary. I’d love a Booger with 5” nummies though.

1 Like

yikes

n00b ???

Hey @kevingraehl what’s your status on 25mm wide nickel?

1 Like

Toying with the idea. Going to need wider trucks though. The deck can’t really take more than 85mm wheels without biting.

1 Like

Who the fuck in their right mind wants to put little teeny thanes on a jaws board? AND pay over 400 bucks for it???

2 Likes

When Hoyt start shipping internationally I will definitely be considering the Booger. Might even see if I can get a deal ‘minus battery’ to ease the financial pain.

4 Likes

Sounds like a plan. I like their business ethics and preference for local parts and manufacturing. Plus, who can argue the solid electronics tech. Think I saw a post from them the other day on insta with a Stormcore in it, might be remembering wrong though.

1 Like

I really don’t think that 12x22 bearings are the answer to this scenario. As his royal @kook - ness says , bearing life would definitely be a concern

1 Like

Gimme thanes with a pulley system and I’ll put em on my board…for shits and giggles. And maybe a video. But at the end of the day, my innovas are going back on there. Don’t even think I could run 15/44 pulleys on thane.

I have always liked the way they present. They seem to have a great deal of pride in their work and the quality looks to be fantastic.

2 Likes

WTF? That’s crazy! You could get a @moon drive for that price

2 Likes

Yup, Boo’ger will have the 60D stormcore as will EL2 when it’s ready. The UAV will go 100D.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 5.59.04 PM

CNC Spacers, right?

looks like a pipe cutter and DOM Steel stock>.

And those bearings are not cut out for dust/ our use…

1 Like

I have 10mm, waiting on something less then 6kg at a time.

How much would you guys actually want?

I have been selfishly forgetting about nickel… Its a large investment-- my 10mm .2 roll thats sitting in china (i told them to ship together ) cost 400 dollars and is like 2 miles long. Its alot of inventory to sit on , and logistically … idk

Give me an idea of what widths and lengths you would want. I’ll restart this back up… sorry

1 Like

25mm wide in 1.5 and 0.2 thick

lots

everyone always need a qwik ship of gUUd nickel!!!

1 Like

@iamasalmon has a shipment coming of 0.2mm x 25mm to which I’m hoping to get 3 to 7 meters of.

1 Like

another n0ob question… how many batteries you makin"?

7 meters…

:shushing_face: :unicorn: :taco:

all of them?

3 packs on the radar. 2 x 12s5p 1x 12s 2p

my estimate comes from (144 cells + 6 extra) * 2 sides * 21mm diameter rounded up to meter.

:electric_plug: :skateboard: :racing_car: :monkey_face:

1 Like

w0w…

BTWI just made magic smoke.. I attempted to use my inductance meter to measure battery IR… apparently the magic pixies were angered by two power sources… who knew

8 Likes