Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

This is true, I just “took my setup apart” (everything only was taped on) When I put it back together it no wanna workie just cog, I need to run motor wizard again.

Yeah it plugs directly into it. I sent my data log to the Metr guys and they said the only issue was that it wasn’t connecting to UART. So either it’s the module or the ESC.

I basically just want to monitor battery percentage without having to install a panel battery gauge. I also don’t want to change my remote( which doesn’t have a battery indicator).

1 Like

No experience with metr but could it work with the other uart port?

You can get cheap hm10 bluetooth modules for that, but I’ve never been able to get them to work. Only ever tried the old BKB ones.

What are BKB? And they work for you?

I have a flipsky BT module mad for v6. I wonder if I could repurpose it.

1 Like

I use it on Ackmaniac ESC Tool

People sell them on here for like $10

1 Like

I doubt it. But I’m also not sure. If I had the regular Metr with the harness then I believe it would.

It says it doesn’t work with FOCBOX Unity

1 Like

oh you missed out on the METR GB they sell a Unity bluetooth module.

stock unity BT module will give you battery stats and misc. telemetry… why you abandon it…

and avoid the HM-10… get yourself a NRF module… @Scepterr may still have a few… cheep as sand all over the world if you wanna to the work yourself and save yourself naught point nill

1 Like

Yeah. I have metr pro unity, but it doesn’t work

1 Like

I don’t have the stock unity BT module. I bought this unity from someone on here and it didn’t come with it

you got gyped… my reco for the NRF module is still solid…

Girl we’re trying our darndest.

3 Likes

Andrew you have certainly seen sparks from those tweezers…

1 Like

Man that’s solder paste because I’m a caveman with my own prototypes.

1 Like

Found the bkb ones, but they say they won’t work focbox unity

I will trade you a stock unity ble module for your metr. I would be getting the good side of an unfair deal. though, I guess I’m risking that yours doesn’t work. :man_shrugging:

probably, if it’s NRF.

have you tried turning it off and on again? Is it plugged in?

:smiley: it’s really easy to get off by one or two plugging in the unity ble module is it plugged in correctly? take a picture. there’s a little notch in the pcb which lines up with a screw hole to help give you an idea.

1 Like

I believe the flipsky is NRF, although I’ll probably have to rewire since it is for V6.

The module is definitely plugged in correctly. Metr double checked as well when I was emailing them.

I’ll think about that trade. Honestly, if the stock one can just give me battery percentage,temp, and distance traveled, I’ll be happy. I imagine I’ll have to switch back to focbox UI app again. I went to VESC tool to try and make the metr pro work with my unity. No such luck, though .

1 Like

a DECENT NRF module will work Unity UI or VESC UI… you’re overthinking this

1 Like