Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I have had motors spin up in the opposite direction they spin up in the detection. If you are having issues, wind back to 3.65 and be done with it.

Will the remote I am currently using be able to connect to a new vesc? Halo Board Ergonomic remote

nope, but u can get a relatively cheap remote, like a VX1

1 Like

Recently bought a used TB Vesc, having trouble updating the firmware…it connects and uploads the firmware but every time i re connect is puts the old firmware on (3.58) how do i fix this?

4wd CanBus connection question

I’ve got two HW4 onloop boxes and two HW6 Jedboxes (the bitter little pill)

do I just parallel the CanBus H and CanBus L connection to make 4 work as one?

do I have to worry about CanBus terminating resistors? or?

1 Like

who rides flipsky Dual FSESC4. 20? do you use FOC or BLDC? FOC can harm FSESC4. 20?

They are cheap because they are trying to clear stock from discontinued boards that they don’t make any more. They are good batteries

1 Like

Swap any two phase wires

2 Likes

This is exactly what i have done. I swapped the phase wires so the motors goes in the right direction on everything, except when using the remote.

1 Like

Is it a mini remote?

1 Like

yes

Detection Reverse
Pressing forward goes reverse.
Using remote goes reverse
A - A
B - B
C - C

Detection goes forward
Pressing forward goes forwards
Using remote goes backwards.
A - A
B - C
C - B

(A-b-c represent phase wires)

1 Like

I had one Mini one time that had the trigger potentiometer wires in the wrong order from the factory. It displayed these exact symptoms.

Take the remote apart and swap the order of the wires on the trigger pot.

2 Likes

yeha i thought of something like that too

i already used it for about 500km

failsafe set and paired with your guide like before.

1 Like

Your diagram doesn’t show swapped phase wires, only rearranged order.

A - A
B - C
C - B
would be actually swapped between B and C.

If you’re using sensors, you can also try swapping any two sensor wires and redoing detection.

1 Like

damnit yes.

I"ve meant

A - A
B - C
C - B

2 Likes

All good, I figured it was a typo.

3 Likes

Oh then it’s probably not that

1 Like

Hello! I’ve tried reading as much as I could about DIYs’ about a year ago when i was about to get/make a board. Back then, i settled for a wowgo 2s, as in that price range i was quite limited and what the heck, turned out to be an okay board, though they sent me the wrong order and now I can’t replace the urethane on the hubs. Sucks that i have to pay for their mistake and that paypal didn’t take my side when disputed.

Anyways. Its been a while and i do have a job now whereas previously i did not. I think I am currently willing to splurge about 800$ (third world country, thats a lot of $). What would be best? I am REALLY split between the Exway Flex / Backfire Zealot / Verreal RS, all with cloud wheels and since I can’t really decide, i thought of “what if I build one, would that be better”? So really… does any of the boards above stand out as being better or is there something optimal that can be built for about 800$? Roads here range from okay to pothole/cracks fiesta.

I tried looking the used section as well but no luck there. Nothing really is being sold in EU that is either really good for 800$, or something that might’ve cost about 800 but is sold for less.

Yes, building one will be better but don’t expect it to be cheaper or faster than buying one.

There’s a third option, that’s buying a DIY that someone else is selling

1 Like