Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If you touch all 3 phases together you apply a brake with zero power input.

1 Like

Final update:

Customer for life :+1:

2 Likes

It was definitely something else. :slightly_smiling_face:
Glad it’s working now though!

3 Likes

Morning all

I’m working through my build with a demonseed 42 deck and the next thing to get is the trucks / motors and mounts.

I am planning on 6374 battle hardened at the moment and want to have the onsra 115mm rubber airless wheels.

Question is will boardnamics 220’s be OK with this deck / wheel combo without getting wheelbite as rkp layout. Deck is drop through but don’t know it can be top mounted with the boardnamics adjustable base plates or if clearance would be fine drop through.

Originally wanted the motors forward facing but not sure if that’s an option either?

2 Likes

hi guys about to buy 2 x 12s li ion smart bms from llt power. the one they have is this. but it has 2 B- and 2 C- cables. i assume just removing one of each would be the best thing to do? also going to wire for charge only, done it before but it was a p- not c- are these interchangeable for wiring a bms for charge only?
Screenshot_20220420-105711

1 Like

Demonseed 42, RKP, and wheelbite problems frequently coexist. You may need risers but might be okay.

1 Like

Cheers, I’ll keep researching but not a combo I have seen. Was advised to go rkp on here so that’s why I’m looking that way. Did see the 270 hangers but want it to look more street like and this will stick out quite a bit. Can you use 3d printed risers OK as that could be an option to try to get the right fit?

You could make wood risers if you wanted to.

I don’t know how 3D printed ones are but I suspect it could be anywhere from okay to terrible depending on material used, software settings, and print quality.

2 Likes

3D printed risers can be good, I wouldn’t go past 3/8 of an inch probably, and I recommend at least PLA+ with 40+% infill and 6 perimeters

2 Likes

Or use an old cutting board

3 Likes

Not a bad option either

2 Likes

Ok, I can at least experiment to get the height and buy proper ones ones if they don’t hold up.

I was really hoping someone else had done a similar build with a demonseed 42 I could get confirmation from before buying the trucks.

Suppose as with most diy it’s trial and error :slightly_smiling_face:

@rafaelinmissouri

2 Likes

@Tony_Stark radium and I think
@Boardnamics

3 Likes

Can someone explain how wedge risers work? Would they not bend the truck bolts? (causing weakness). What about on Apex Airs where you can’t spin the nut on? How do you turn bent bolts?

1 Like

They absolutely can and do bend the truck bolts in a lot of cases.

3 Likes

About a 1/4 way through @rafaelinmissouri journal thread and at one point he used tb218s on his demonseed with clouthwheels so this gives me hope. Not much clearance but looks like what I’m after

1 Like

Anyone know the exact sizing of the barrel jack that charges the evolve gt? Trying to make a fast charger for it.

(4) Welcome to the Internet - Bo Burnham (from “Inside” – ALBUM OUT NOW) - YouTube