Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Anyone used these Flipsky 5045 motors? I’m guessing they dont belong to the Battle Hardened line of motors Flipsky have been making in-house (which are great), and so should I expect Flipsky of old quality?

1 Like

All anyone can do is take a guess. Even if they have a similar setup and it hasn’t burnt up that doesn’t help you as you are not using their particular stuff.

If that’s enough then asking around might get you a consensus of guesses. This is why we add a safety margin to any voltage rating, to try to handle the inevitable unknowns.

The length and arrangement of the cables from the battery pack to the ESC also contributes to voltage spiking. The closer together the neg/pos wires are, and the shorter they are, the lower the voltage spikes.

3 Likes

The enclosure is an eboosted landyachtz Evo 40 fibreglass enclosure.
“best” cable routing in terms of looks and splash/water resistence (budget is not so much an issue).
btw - you might be wondering about the hi5ber board, that is a different built.

The remote is a flipsky VX 2.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for not including the information in the original question!

Think ill stick with a bms or a lipo balance charger. out of curioisity when you made that 12s battery a while back but had two 6s balance cables popping out… I know how you wired the balance cables for cells 1-6. but for the balance cables on 7-12… did the ground connect to the battery ground aka cell 1?

Both packs are wired like a 6s lipo each.
This and than on the bms side setup like in this video from @Regular_Michael

1 Like

If the motors you’re using have a high Ld-Lq then I’d not use sensors, and epoxy male (with pins, not holes) Amass MR60 connectors through the enclosure pointed slightly down (while the skate is upside down on the bench) so when you flip it over and set it on the ground they’re pointed slightly skyward from level.

Like this:

I don’t know if this has a PWM output so you may not be able to use it with a DaVeGa.

Theoretically you could use a USplit to have both UART devices, but it’s recommended to not use it with remotes.

Does the Stormcore have that weird tiny DuPont plug like the unity/tenka? If so that has UART connections in it, you could make a cable for that.

1 Like

hidden ppm? I love me some undocumented features.

Anyone know what bat+,vrx2 and vtx2 are for? presumably for measuring the battery voltage directly and a second serial port for ???

Batt+ i believe on the vx1 was for the voltage readout of your board battery, on your remote.

1 Like

Yeah I just saw that but no mention of it for the vx2

edit there is a diagram on the vx2 product page that shows the bat+ wire connected

Bat+ and telemetry won’t work if you use PWM (“PPM”).

I would expect this at least to work.

How about wiring the vx2 for PWM and then use the rest of the Cables alongside davega and usplit.

If you use it in PPM mode you should still be able to connect the white wire for battery voltage I’m pretty sure

That’s how it is on the vx1 anyways

1 Like

Does anyone know of a drive gear system that will work with Evolve hubs/tires. also with 6396…63100 motors?

:eyes:

Interesting

Yeah would want to check the schematic that they send you in the box, but it allows the remote (vx1 in my immediate experience) to show battery voltage on the four LED scale. Pretty helpful imo

1 Like

Wait, would you just use 1 p group for bat+ or what on the other one? There isn’t a schematic or anything with the VX2 at least that I have other than just something that shows you to just hook up the VRX1, VTX1, GND, and 5V pins to the ESC. Probing around on the board it seems like BAT+ just goes to a shunt, then a 39k resistor then to an ADC pin on the PAN163CX as far as I can tell, though I’m having trouble finding much documentation on that chip. I doubt putting ~40V on that would do anything good.

There is a red line in one of the schematics on flipskys website that shows the bat+ connected to the red lead on the vesc