Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Boards meant to go hella fast don’t perform as well at low speed, poor torque and efficiency

1 Like

Sure I’ll report back, will just plug it into my power supply for the purpose of testing this

1 Like

14S at 190Kv and 25T/72T on 165mm at pneummie efficiency you’re looking at about 45mph (72km/h) top speed loaded and 64mph (103km/h) top speed on the bench.

That seems a little high to me, but if you have other boards for other purposes and you want to optimize this one for top speeds, then that will work.

It won’t have much torque.

Lowering the motor pulley to 20T brings it down to 36mph and will significantly increase torque.

Anyone remember which thread has the link to that device that allows you to parallel packs (at different charge voltages) to extend riding time? I can’t find it now.

1 Like

LoLz at Mooch posting a noob question.

4 Likes

Is that this one? Charge and Ride

4 Likes

Battery Blender…that’s it! Thank you!

5 Likes

òh my god, a proud moment :’)

2 Likes

lol I missed you asking the question because I was reading that exact thread lmao

1 Like

$150? :scream:
LOL…maybe I won’t buy one to peek inside…sheesh.

1 Like

But…

4 Likes

I will absolutely consider this.
So you got me thinking about going for higher torque rather than speed. Would a 15t pully mean too much torque? Is there such a thing as too much torque? ^^

15t with such a large wheel pulley would result in insufficient belt tooth engagement - much more likely to skip teeth under heavy acceleration/braking, and will wear out the belt faster. You might get away with it with an idler, but still not ideal.

Nope, just not enough grip to put that torque down to the road, or not enough grip tape to keep you on the board.

1 Like

You can always turn down torque in settings, and you can always feather the throttle, definitely idlers

Not in my opinion. Maybe just not enough top speed though.

27mph (43km/h) loaded / 38.6mph (62km/h) bench

Also this but it’s not terrible.

Maybe you should tray an 18T pulley for 32mph (52km/h) loaded and 46mph (75km/h) bench

1 Like

I was curious and loaded the MakerX DV6 Pro 5.3 binary they released to my VESC 6 just to see what the firmware version would read.

lol.

So apparently @tech.shit wasn’t totally failing at updating his firmware. It was “sticking” and he was just replacing 5.2 with 5.2. Good stuff.

I compiled 5.3 with the updated current limits and shunt resistances using @BrushlessHipster’s code changes.

WARNING: I can only confirm that the firmware was built correctly, that it will load properly and it accepts the 180A setting. I don’t have a DV6 Pro so I can’t test motor operation, and I don’t know if there were other changes made to their source. @BrushlessHipster did mention that these same changes worked for him.

MakerX_DV6_PRO_5.3_UNOFFICIAL_jaykup.bin (384.0 KB)

(I set these 5 values to 500 to see if it would read the new max values in the firmware)

The rest of the source code and GPL v3 license.

8 Likes

Vector App?

I’ll have to take a look. Not sure I fully trust it, though.

@rusins @tech.shit
What ya think about one of these?

Vesc app, sorry, autocorrect :smiley: