Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

my DV6 Pro gets a bit warm, never had an issue with ~300km in my first month on it though and I have my enclosure sealed up with foam and butyl magic

@sleepless I’ve noticed that smell you’re talking about too, I’m pretty sure it’s nothing, I first noticed it when I was soldering on phase plugs.

2 Likes

My personal advice is don’t fix it if it’s not broken.

However, by updating, you are becoming a beta tester which helps everyone else out.

3 Likes

I think it was around 16%. I can’t exactly remember the numbers but mighta been 0.8 and 5.

1 Like

Uhhh why can’t I see the private launch anymore? I was a level 3 user? :sweat_smile: Was my trust level lowered? How did that happen?

Sooo I want to set up my vesc for the first time. Trying to find some videos on youtube about it and someone said using your batterypack wouldn’t be good when starting programming your vesc. Would it be problematic? or can i just use my batterypack, unfortunaltely I do not own a lab power supply…

I’m not sure the reasoning behind not using a battery pack. As long as the battery voltage is less than the max voltage the controller can handle, you should be fine.

For a basic setup:

• Run the motor detection wizard
  • Setup battery series number, pole count, gear ratio and tire size.
  • Run the input wizard
  • Ensure the motor spins the correct direction with your controller. If not swap phase wires & run detection again
  • Adjust the motor current (you can start with mfg specs or leave the default from the detection)
  • Adjust the motor negative current to something like -50A. This number is more or less low speed braking. Fine tune as you ride.
  • Adjust the battery current (cell discharge rating x p group / number of motors. 12s3p P42A would be 3x30A = 90A / 2 motors = 45A)
  • Adjust the battery regen current (cell fast charge rating x p group / number of motors). You may need to increase this 1.5x if your braking at high speed is poor, but it may impact battery life.
  • Adjust the voltage cut-offs based on your battery

From there you can do more advanced fine tuning, but that should get you moving.

2 Likes

Something about not a continous voltage. But I will use my batterpack then! Thank you for the extra information :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

i tagged u in the lounge, it didn’t say ur level won’t be able to see it, maybe u put it on muted?

https://forum.esk8.news/t/the-private-lounge/9/28552

Nope, when I try to click your link it says the page is private, so I’m guessing I’ve been demoted?? Idk how that happened. :smiley: @xsynatic halp xD

2 Likes

this probably require @longhairedboy or @jamie’s attention

2 Likes

yes

61lahh

4 Likes

Ohp, gods away on business, you’ve gotta earn it all over again.

1 Like

Im tighting the bolts from the motorshaft tot the motor. But when i tight it a bit tighter the motor is getting a lot of resistance. Is this normal or not?

1 Like

:sob: :sob:

1 Like

I am the same, could be something simple lile not recieving / giving enough likes in the past few weeks / months on posts. I haven’t been very actively posting recently so I imagine in my case, it’s that!

Or i think if you get a certain number of flags you can be demoted too.

1 Like

Based on this link you can automatically lose the “Regular” status if certain conditions aren’t met.

Trust Level 3 – Regular

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different non-PM topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced in the last 6 months

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

3 Likes

If its a torque boards motor, its dead. Had the same problem that using the proper length (8mm) M4 bolts would cause the motor to lock up even after moving wires and sealing with epoxy. Depending on how much sanity you have in stock, you can try getting a replacement from TB.

1 Like

@Linesflag you must be in the grace period since you still have the badge

1 Like

Thanks, wasn’t sure if there were any important stability improvements since then that would make it more reliable. It didn’t sound like there was much aside from defaulting duty cycle limit start in 5.2, so I’ll leave it alone.

Ah okay, that might explain things. I thought I get to keep the trust level. :smiley: