Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

good thing ceramic caps dont have polarity

This is haggy motor hall sensor wire
Could anyone tell me which one is 5v temp h1 h2 h2 and?
I think the red is 5v Black is gnd

yes that sounds about right, if wiring has been done by standards

1 Like

The standard is red to 5V, black to GND, white to TEMP and the last 3 in any order to hall1/hall2/hall3. However you can double check this via testing the resistance between white and black and it should be near 10k Ohm.

3 Likes

Is hfi ppssible for fs 6384s? I watched a video on it but can’t get it to work flawlessly. I haven’t tried going above 30v tho. Anyone have a hfi setup for fs 6384? Thx

Tuning guide here. Motor size shouldn’t matter too much.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the bushings for the red base Lacroix Hypertrucks and the blue base are the same?
I mean, if I want to fit a bigger enclosure under my deck, can I just mount risers under my red baseplates or should I see if can buy the blue baseplates?

On a similar note, could I buy a lonestar enclosure as a spare part?

Or all of this a question for the Lacroix customer service?

sounds like it, you might get some answers/parts here but lacroix knows their product better than the people they sell it to (hopefully)

1 Like

Sounds like it, thanks.

from what I know of board construction, yeah you should be able to just add risers, but that’ll raise your ride height and change the feel of the carve.

That’s what I thought but a Nazaré Lonestar has those high baseplates to fit the big ass enclosure.
Originally I was thinking to add an external case with more batteries but I like the clean look and feel of having it all inside the enclosure.

ahh that’s probably to avoid the truck or wheels biting the enclosure in a turn. I know what you mean with the nazare I was checking one out in the local board shop yesterday.

have you actually tried risers yet?

Haven’t tried anything yet, It’s still an idea.

Risers are less bad than folks make them out to be.

I’m not saying they’re good.

But it’s really a small effect IMO and the ability to never get wheelbite and carve harder often outweighs the downfalls of the additional height at center lean.

2 Likes

while I totally agree here, if you don’t have wheelbite either way the lower ride height is more stable and offers more responsive carving as your ankles are closer to the point of rotation

1 Like

Well, that’s obvious.

not to everyone

2 Likes

Took the new build out (w/ paralleled nese 12s2p + 12s3p P42A packs and a MakerX DV6) for it’s first real ride ~3 mile trip and put the board through it’s paces. All electronics are “sealed” in a waterproof nanuk case on top. Didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. Performance was great.

Got to my buddy’s place, popped open the latches on the case, and almost immediately everyone in the room mentioned an “electronics” smell. Not burning, no magic smoke. The 3 people described it as “new chinese electronics smell”. None of them diy.

I was pretty worried so i poked around, removed/reconnected some connectors, took the batteries outside for awhile, but couldn’t find anything out of place. DV6 was warm, and it’s directly beneath one of the (PETG encased) packs, but that’s it.

Rode it home a couple hours later and disconnected everything.

Anyone have this experience before? How concerned should I be?

((((

Dead drv?

1 Like

Thats the video i saw and hfi still doesnt work very good.