Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Want to check my vesc with a multimeter. Anyone who can tell me what I should measure? :sweat_smile:

Since switching one of my boards to single drive, it has started just DESTROYING belts. Wears the teeth right down. I’ve killed 2 in the last month. My guess is I need to adjust the tension some, but I figured I’d ask if there’s any other reason that would cause this. Literally only thing I changed on the setup was going from dual to single.

1 Like

I found out never mind :ok_hand:

need a 14s bms and a bunch of wire
anywhere in the uk that would sell that?

1 Like

How did you align the motor mounts? Are they perfectly straight?

This works well for me

Aside from that, it is normal for a single drive system to be more stressed in every way possible. Any problems or irregularities are amplified as well.

Bigfoot is the best single drive I ever built, and it’s got the balls of a lot of dual drives, but it took a lot of iterations to get there.

1 Like

Hi guys, im back with whats probably a stupid question lol.

So since ive moved away i havent used my board in about a year ish, and i forgot what range i used to have. Im also in norway atm so i cant go out for a ride before at least a couple of months.
The reason why im asking is because im thinking about switching over to penumatics, and ive been reading that pneumatics really effects the range… So before i jump the gun and buy a set i was wondering if anybody could ish point out what range i could expect.

The setup i have is:
12s5p (18650 30q) build by eboosted
dual 190kv 3550W streetwing motors
Focbox unity
Davega
15teeth motor pully, 36 wheel pully
Torqueboard dual motor setup with 218mm trucks

Ive found these on meepo, and thought it was a good price with free shipping aswell. But there is not a lot of information so im quite unsure if the fit my setup: 155mm Pneumatic Tire Set for Hurricane – Meepo Board

Try the calculator linked at top. Hover mouse over the Efficiency field. Those figures are probably maximum, For hard riding or those with a heavy trigger finger it will be less.

Thanks! I used 20 Wh/km, not sure if thats realistic, but according to this i should get about 32km, which im fine with as long as i get better comfort :slight_smile:

Hover your mouse over the Efficiency field.

1 Like

Nice I’ll try that out when I change this one out. It just wears them down til they skip and scream. I imagine single is more stressful, but not THAT much. Went from changing a belt every 7 months to two in a month.

Oh yeah, single drive is balls to the walls.

At least, if you want POWAH :stuck_out_tongue:

Gonna build a single drive with a qs2000w. Nothing serious, just a little commuter. LOL
/S

1 Like

Update: I had a tiiiiiiiiiny pebble stuck in the teeth of my motor pulley.

4 Likes

one of the real major downsides of belts

Got metal covers too lmao

is this stuff normal silicone wire
i see tinned copper and that makes me think not but im not totally sure

2 Likes

seems right, the tinned part throws me off a bit too but it’s still allegedly copper so it shouldn’t affect it too much, will make it easier to solder.

1 Like

It is, that its why the “silicon wire” it’s silver and not copper color! The same happens with Copper braid and tinned copper braid.

1 Like

Yes. They tin copper to prevent corrosion so it’s normally used in outdoor / marine applications where bare copper would turn green after a while.

Copper clad aluminum is what you want to watch out for. It’s terrible.

4 Likes