Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

They are epoxied all the way down the channel, no way to get it out without destroying the stator

How well would these do HFI?

The TB6380? Those do rather well.

This is one I’ve tuned on firmware 5.2

R: 12.2mΩ
L: 5.95μH
λ: 4.345mWb
HFI samples: 16
HFI Start Voltage: 22.00V
HFI Run Voltage: 8.00V
HFI Max Voltage: 12.00V
Sensorless ERPM HFI: 1085.00 (0.75mph)

Use a much higher Sensorless ERPM HFI if it’s dual drive, like 2000

1 Like

Oh thank god, I’m just gonna snip them then. Less waterproofing for me :grin:

Is there a guide somewhere to tuning HFI? i was looking but I only found some vague stuff, unless I missed some thread or something. I’m used to just setting and forgetting on my stormcore as it works so incredibly well.

1 Like

thanx, missed it somehow

1 Like

What do people like for phase wire covers?

The factory flipsky plastic braided sleeves got a bit shredded. Looking for something more robust.

You can get braided heatshrink… i wanna try that

This stuff:

I think I have some of this actually.

2 Likes

Yeah thats the stuff. Looks really good.

1 Like

It is very tough stuff. I used it on my last build. No fun colors, but that’s secondary.

2 Likes

This stuff is pretty cool too

AU $1.73 15%OFF | Multicolor Self Closing PET Expandable Braided Sleeve Self-Close Flexible Insulated Hose Pipe Wire Wrap Protect Cable Sock Tube

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I use. That exactly.

Hello
Does anyone know what size screws go into a FocBox Unity metal plate? Are they imperial or metric

They’re definitely 100% not Freedom Units

It’s M3

2 Likes

Thank you sir

Almost all eskate parts are metric, the only notable exception being the truck pattern (2.5" or 2.125" by 1.625", holes can be M5 or #10), kingpins nuts/10mm fixed axle nuts (they are 7/16-18 I think), and 8mm axle nuts (3/8-24)

Edit: kingpin/10mm axle nuts are 3/8-24 and 8mm axle nuts are 5/16-24

3 Likes

Looks like the panel mounted connectors will cover the truck holes (using the 2.5" pattern, going to M6 threaded baseplates so I can’t just epoxy the screw heads in). Tips, tricks, or alternatives?

There’s ribs on the outside of the enclosure and the heatsink takes up the lid section so I can’t really move the holes, and I’d like to keep everything panel mounted for security

It’s a pelican 1040, will have dual FoxBoxes with the old 3DS heatsink in the lid

1 Like