Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I use an esk8 calculator

I just plug and hope

1 Like

Super, thanks boys

One more vote for calculator but I know it’s daunting if you don’t know every component yet so I’ll add the caveat:

You’ll be looking for lower kv motors and higher gearing ratios for torque over top speed. Good luck and God speed.

2 Likes

Okay, I decided to go with a single motor, and later upgrade to a dual belt drive, since I realized that I do not have the money too afford a dual right now. Also decided to invest in a custom built battery, so that I don’t have any problems down the rode. Besides all that, I’m still a little over budget and was wondering if there was anything I could change to save some more money. Thanks in advance.

There has to be somewhere else to get this pulley, because I feel like its too expensive

and I will make a loop key
1 Like

I have three of these for sale

Not the same pulley, but worth a look

No quarrel with any of that. All solid budget options, although I would buy the pulley from @b264 and get a spare for later with one shipping cost.

1 Like

I am going to be using a HTD5 12mm wide belt though. Would that still be able to function properly with a 22mm wide pulley?

u want 15mm belt or wider, trust me

2 Likes

On a single, yes. 12mm is fine for dual. Even the boy of hair that is long concurs.

3 Likes

im already starting not to trust my 11mm belts, still prefer wider belts

Won’t you get a lower top speed with wider belts? Also, should I get a pulley the same size as the belt? I’m just worried that the belt will move side and side and cause a problem

Greetings fellow n00b’s and Pro’s,

Is it normal for my bearings to be so loose? They literally fall right out and it’s pretty difficult to get them on the trucks.

No

Depends on a lot of things. What hangers, motor mounts, motors, and pulleys?

What motor pulleys? If the motor pulley has double flanges, it’s a non-issue usually

That’s not normal. What bearings are those?

1 Like

Just plain old bones reds, I’ve already tried another set of bearings as well same issue. This is an issue on multiple wheels.

Do you have calipers? What is the bearing outer diameter?

this is the motor pulley I will be using

I checked with my calipers and I got around 22mm for the bears. I also notice that it is lose on the wheels which I have installed the pulleys on. Maybe I screws in the pulleys too tighty?

“around 22mm” is not good enough. What is the exact number?

1 Like