Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

As i said i dont like dkp, and honestly i havent ridden tkp since i was like 8 so maybe i just dont like popsicle decks, but flipskys got 15.2 inch hangers. The only reason i didnt order a set to play with was insane shipping. It was 60 bucks for the trucks, 80 for shipping. So i was like ok lemme order 2 sets, and shipping jumped from 80 to 120. But 15.2 inch hangers. So if you do end up trying this lemme know, i want exactly one truck, but ill hop in on a set with you to save on fucking shipping if it really be like that.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of TKP or DKP either.

However on a DKP front / RKP rear it can be cool sometimes.

I don’t like TKP or DKP on the rear trucks at all.

My first esk8, which is currently on hiatus cuz numba 2 needed to borrow some things, runs rkp, but the back one is backwards and around 15 degrees. Its a 29 inch drift board. I love weird assymetrical setups. Hence my need for one flipsky 15 incher to find a home for.
@b264 speed wobbles originate in the back truck when it reaches instability. If the front wobbles, you carve. If the back wobbles, you wobble. We always go at speeds that could wobble. Therefore, the back should always be tighter/more stable(/not tkp or dkp).

@Kai I think I have a set at home if you’re interested/in the US I’ll let them go for a modest price or i could be into some kind of trade. I won’t be home from working out-of-town until end of next week but I can check then and let you know.

I personally don’t like the back truck (or either truck) tight.

1 Like

@GeneParmesan This is a good discussion :point_up_2:

Stick that in your loopkey hating pipe and smoke it.

12 Likes

I am not a fan of DKP. DKP set ups are only used because they allow for more deck compatibility and provide for some better carving.
My issue with them is how they are produced. Atleast to my knowledge there is no real “quality” dkp truck currently. All available options are cheap china cast trucks. Ive seen and heard to many stories of broken baseplates, bent axels, cracked bushing seats, etc… Depending on your application they may have their place. But for someone like me chasing that high speed, always ride like it’s a hillbomb mentality, these trucks should not be used.

These china trucks gonna get someone killed if they haven’t already.

1 Like

same question for the metroboard DKP

2 Likes

Au contraire!

6 Likes

@glyphiks good look, definitely going to read that over

@brown5tick :heart_eyes: thanks for the link. me wants.

Edit: I also scored 22 more p42a this morning so I’ll be going 12s5p of all new when I’m ready to build my pack

1 Like

Oh shit, yeah, Metroboard. I completely forgot about them :joy:

I’ll just try this out next time I’m over at their workshop.

Metroboard DKP trucks are CNC precision machined. Very high quality.

Also, I would like to say a big thanks to @Kai, @b264, and @ISOgone4good for reminding me why I dont come into this thread anymore :joy: sometimes I forget, but y’all are always quick to help me remember. :metal:

This is a joke, there’s no hard feelings.

6 Likes

I dont even work here.

4 Likes

ISO has left the chat

2 Likes

How about you stick to making batteries and I’ll handle the jokes buddy lol

3 Likes

Fine, twist my arm funny man

4 Likes

please do, i would like to use their awesome motor mount

1 Like

i tore a piece off my bluetooth module antenna trying to move it and it keeps dropping the signal between my esc and vesc tool. im hoping a new antenna would rectify the problem? would this be a suitable replacement? Im running a Maker-X DV-6 and Maker-X bluetooth module.
amazon link

1 Like

Yes, that should work.

Any linear polarized (dipole) antenna with an operating frequency around 2.4 GHz and the appropriate connector should be fine, since the range is so short relative to the transmitter power.

The simplest and cheapest way to make a working antenna is to just strip the outer sheath and conductor of the coax back so that 31.25mm of the inner conductor is bare. The bare conductor becomes your tuned element.

3 Likes

where did you get the number 31.25mm?

1 Like

that’s 1/4 the wavelength of a 2.4 GHz radio wave. It won’t be the end of the world if it’s off by a bit, but the closer the better.

There’s all kinds of math and antenna theory about how to make the best possible antenna given X constraints, but the above will work just fine in a pinch. I’ve used that exact method for things as diverse as my 3d printer, and my RC aircraft in the past with no problems.

2 Likes