Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Did you charge it?

1 Like

its not showing any lights and only starts beeping when i press the mode (will let me skate fine without pressing mode)

will try to charge though

reflash the fw, its probably bugged

have you tried taking it out of the case or loosening the screws?

1 Like

yep every so often it seems to fix itself and then randomly mid ride it will come back

can you link how?

4 Likes

another question (yay)
weird one

12s battery
main leads measure 47v (all good)

tried charging and didnt work
charging leads measure 0.11v

do some cutting and some continuity testing and find that the lead coming out the positive and the negative lead coming out the bms measure 3v

where can i test for a bad connection and how come its giving out 3v and not 0v?

What’s the ideal way to mount a mtb top enclosure?

Looks like some people go 3-4 fasteners sideways across the center of the deck, with a spacer block (how tall?). That seems like a lot of battery weight to tip the enclosure forward and back - maybe need some compressible foam cushion underneath the edges of the enclosure?

I don’t know if there is an ideal way but the three fasteners in the middle seems to work great for me so far

The important thing is supporting enough of the center of the enclosure, and having enough screw tension to keep it from flapping too much. Bumpers on the ends would help for sure

1 Like

Looks like trampa uses 3x beefy fasteners and regular ol skate bushings:

Interesting

I doubt it’s a bad connection, but rather an issue with the BMS. Either it’s damaged, or not accepting a charge for some reason.

Check all the balance wires.

1 Like

Is Vestar skateboards trusted and reliable? I was thinking about purchasing parts from and wanted direct clarification from the community because there doesn’t seem to be much written up about them. Are there any parts to be careful and stay away from? Their website is Vestarboard dot com

Major question here. My board that I created has a ton of flex. I was suggested to add two more veneer layers or add carbon fiber to strengthen the board and make it stiffer. After some time i thought about it, decided to go Carbon fiber. Less the work and won’t have to sand off my precious custom graphic. So how do I do it? Can i add two layers of carbon fiber on top and call it done or there’s more of a process?

Can I charge two identical batteries each with own bms, connected in series with one brick charger at once using one charge port? :thinking:

i know it works if battery is connected as parallel, not sure about series tho

shouldn’t the 2nd pack be on a different voltage range compare to the 1st pack?

1 Like

But shouldn’t bms cutout them when full?

This kind ‘for sience’ doesn’t excite me :smiley:

im not smart enough to know battery stuff, maybe the experts in battery club would know better :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks anyway :v:

1 Like

Sounds like a terrible idea lol

If you put them in series you’re effectively creating a 2s battery, which would double the required voltage.

You could charge them in parallel but they need to be exactly the same voltage before connecting, and that would half the charging current across the two batteries

anyone to troubleshoot a bad bms?