Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

i’m getting between 16-18wh/km on pneumies. If you are on grass, gravel etc that will impact it a lot.

2 Likes

The rest of the cells are within .01 or .02 that’s the only one I was worried about since that incident so glad that it’s good to go

All your cells are within 0.005, which is ten times smaller than 0.05. 5mv vs 50mv

5 Likes

Ah ok, I understand what your saying now. Thanks for the clarification :+1:t3:

2 Likes

This is what I’m running.

Spintend Ubox

13s6p 30Q

3ds Nano 1:2.6

6374 200 kV

Abec11 107mm

How can I go about correcting tire wobble? I mean the kind of wobble you get when you’re looking top down and the tire moves left and right, not when you’re looking from the side and it moves up and down (the kind of wobble I think wheel balancing is for?). Or did I just not put the tire on well?

Hey guys I’m having a weird issue with my stormcore power switch.

It happened the first time when I was mounting the enclosure to the deck. Everything was on and tightened. I went to go turn the board on and no response or color from the switch.

Next I disassembled everything and found everything was on like the receiver had power & the storm core had power but the switch did nothing and the remote did nothing. Even though everything was receiving power. Witch I found weird. I unplugged and plugged in the switch and still nothing from it. The only way to turn off the board was to unplug the battery. Witch I did and then everything started working.

I re-assembled everything and no issues. Went for 2 short rides yesterday. Then today I turned it on a couple times. And suddenly same thing happened. The switch shows and does nothing. The remote shows the board is on but wont let me throttle up.

I’m about to take it apart. But what could the issue be? What should I be looking out for?

Thanks in advanced guys :slightly_smiling_face: I’m super confused here :dizzy_face:

Hopefully its a bad switch and not the unity…i mean stormcore antispark

1 Like

I want to burn this shit. I just wanted to redo the calibration on my remote and I can’t get the wizard to launch. Keeps telling me to update the firmware and when it doesn’t, only 1 side works. Should I use an older version or something?

What size are most PWM JST connectors for recievers? 2.0mm pitch?

4fd164266d41d719283a7c4eb592e693226dc72f_2_666x500

I make my own motor mounts from aluminum with lots of filing drilling and jigsawing.

Can I add a belt tensioner and have it be my only form of tensioning?

Im thinking of having it slide up and down, and placing the motors at a distance where the belts would normally slip on hard braking. This would be a single easily adjustable point to tension and detension belts . Im thinking Nordlock washers and a pitted aluminum slider surface with the M6 tensioner kit trampa offers should work. My 63100 motors slide down despite loctite and very hard tightening after around 150mi and thats almost every other week when I am here in college.

Alternatively I could place a variety of holes at different heights where the tensioner goes in and will never slide, it could only bend if the forces are actually that high. Thats what I am wondering, will a tensioner be under that force or can I try something like this?

1 Like

Turns out the spacers that Lacroix sells for the rockstar II’s are also not 7mm OD. So options are go with these metal ones that don’t quite each the walls or go with nylon ones that do. If anyone else was curious.

Boardnamics idler motor mounts work in the sliding method you’ve described. That should work. (If I read correctly lol)

2 Likes

Is it crucial to have a vented enclosure? Or is having heat sink that came with the VESC good enough?

Most people don’t have vented enclosures because if you did, water and dust would fill the enclosure lol

If you’ve got a proper heatsink, you can mount it through the enclosure to expose the fins to air and then seal it in. Otherwise, some vescs are okay without air exposure

Try updating the firmware and/or the bootloader on each side separately, before you connect them together

1 Like

Yeah, if you want death to esk8 from water ingress

1 Like

Thanks bro, I will try and do that next time. After a couple hours cursing, it suddenly worked. No idea what happened.

4 Likes

That the vesc project for ya. Lol

3 Likes

can confirm that’s how i get my vesc working as well :joy:

3 Likes