Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

without something antisparky my esc doesn’t even turn on

Thats just the circuit for the usb port and battery display.

Meepo is too cheap to use anti sparks. They still use the LingYi ESC for that matter

And the button itself doesn’t have any anti spark parts in it.

@Timmy what esc are you using?

el cheapo fs 4.12

What should I have as my battery voltage cutoff start and end for a 12s2p 30q battery? The battery cutoff calculator in the vesc tool asks for how many cells I have and I put 24, so am I right to plug in the values that they give me 81.60 and 74.4? Or am I interpreting the number of cells wrong and it should only be how many cells in series

1 Like

Yes my friend

1 Like

in this thread people list their cutoffs, everyone has a bit different things. higher cutoff will make your cells last longer, but you’ll have some less range

3 Likes

Thats what I was thinking. I’m just trying to find out why my board keeps shutting off mid ride and I’m going through everyuthing in my vesc settings to make sure it’s none of that stuff making it happen

often around 3.2V, per cell, but just look at that thread

1 Like

Since it’s 2p, I wouldn’t be surprised that you’re cutting off due to a voltage sag going under the cutoff value

3 Likes

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing my board to completely stop working mid ride? My antispark power button doesn’t even work when it shuts down. I have to unplug the switch and plug it back it for things to turn on again and turn off on me when I ride again

1 Like

How can I prevent this? My cutoffs at the moment are 40.8 and 36

i had that happen too with my shitty ass battery but i didn’t know what caused it
i’m no pro

Yea I have a pretty shit battery too. Are you still using that same battery right now?

What switch is it?

What battery is it? Who made the battery?

Do you have any photos?

Are all your XT60 / XT90 cable-tied together?

Does it always work well for a while before the problem starts? Does the problem get worse once it’s started, until you charge it to full again?

no it was a lipo one, 21700 li-ions are on their way

I just realized that port is the charge port, and the power button is on the esc case. So what I’m thinking is put a fuse between the charge port and the battery, and then switch out the button for the loopkey. Would that work? Also, I’m just using the enclosures from meepo, not any of their other parts.

I got the switch off some guy on ebay

The battery is from mBoards

My xt90 connectors look like this

Im charging up my board right now to see if it happens at full charge

2 Likes

For me it’s my XT60 to XT90 connector, in which I put my loop key.
Some connectors are flimsy and need little vibration, to become loose and disconnect.
I would make sure that’s not happening, first.

Since you have an antispark, did you do things on your own, the button for example?
Please get yourself someone to check your wiring etc.

I hope you can find a solution quickly @kcheng5

Good night

2 Likes

Thanks man I’ll check that out. I think the problem is that my voltage cutoff is too low. I had it set at 40.8. Can someone confirm for me that this is the problem. When I go up a hill, I think the voltage spikes and passes that low cutoff

1 Like

you mean too high?
the higher the earlier it will cutoff
also you mean voltage sags instead of spiking?