Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Aren’t these just regular bullets but not soldered straight?

4 Likes

actually i don’t know, i’ve been seeing plug like this

but they stick out quite a bit, then i found something like these and wondering if that’s what the Turnigy connectors are
they seems to have a low enough profile to make a thin pack

5 Likes

Uuh interesting, haven’t seen those before!

2 Likes

If I use the maximum duty cycle to set speed limit, can I use the real time data in the VESC tool to see the speed i would get? Or do I have to acutally drive the board and see for myself?

1 Like

the switch cables go in here right?

Inkedddddd_LI

use the forum search function, none of these are hidden. its also publicly available on vendor’s website

4 Likes

i dont get that pinout, theres no switch port

There isn’t a dedicated switch port, u have to wire it urself. That’s why I’ve provided the wiring diagram on here for easy access since it’s hard to find in Trampa’s website

1 Like

damn so do you like solder each cable on the individual pin

That’s one way of doing things

i mean theres no pictures or anything on the site of how they are connected

U also don’t see trampa switch offering have any jst connector on it

damn boi thats a jst? its so tiny it looked like regular cable

wait wouldnt a single jst like that snap at the first pothole

on the esc, that’s a male jst connector, and how u wire the switch is up to u

solder, crimp ur own jst connector or just tape it on, its up to u, i don’t judge

1 Like

would a blowtorch melt off the super glue if i happened to get it stuck inside the pulley

1 Like

do i want to ask why?

2 Likes

nevermind i got it out!, used 2 long flatheads on each side of it and applied pressure and it worked

Before u even plug it up to a unity or xenith u need to update the firmware on the wand and nrf dongle 1st on a vesc that has a swd and comms/uart port. Then also insure that the rx pin is going to tx on the unity and tx is goin to rx. I use a trampa wand on my xeniths and have a friend whos got a wand that we are gonna use on the Maker dv6

2 Likes

Seems like you’d have to insert the jst pin in the plus to fit on the ‘switch’ place Right above the ADC2 in the pic

1 Like

I’m going to need to extend the wires on every connection between my xenith and my tbdd. I have already replaced the bullets on the torqueboard drives, the xenith connectors are stock… mt60? Right? Anyways, in my opinion the easiest method would be to use 3 extensions soldered to bullets on each end, basic extension cables, and then run them in a flat line and shrink wrap it. But the hall sensor cables are the real issue for me as I’ve never dealt with those before, can/should I just order some kind of what uhhh 5 I think pin connector extension or do I have to make them? Can I just run these motors sensorless? I plan to run roll to start and the only unsealed gap being the charge port, and every time I see roll to start mentioned so is sensorless. Alright I think that covers it.