Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

found the issue

the fuse had got mangled (completely bent and pin had come loose

gonna replace the fuse for him and tell him to keep it in a position with more space

thanks

1 Like

what more budget options are there for rear mounting 2 trampa vescs but making it look nice (roughly £100 max)

thanks

Got a 3d printer? Some people use those small pelican cases too (I’m assuming you’re planning on mounting them mtb style)

yep

in the end sent @trampa an email about switching the vesc6 to a vesc hd60 which should fit better

1 Like

What wires do I need to reverse so my loop key doesn’t turn everything off lol

That’s directly shorting that batteries, and is very bad.

Follow these diagrams. Only the red wire should go to the loopkey, not the black one.

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Is this wired correctly? External BMS charger for 2 6S batteries. Just want to double check before I get started soldering.

Yes, looks correct.

If those are temperature probes hanging off the BMS, tape them to the battery.

1 Like

Bit of a followup question, has anyone tried this type of inline fuse? They’re much lower profile than the blade style ones, and seem to usually be 120V or 250V ones, vs. the blade ones which typically are for 12V systems unless you go specialized at digikey or somewhere. I would imagine the main downside is that they’re glass, but at the same time they’re well shrouded in the holder, so it shouldn’t be that easy to break. Seems like a good choice for a charge fuse, since most of the ones I see top out at 15A, while the blade style can go much higher.

3 Likes

@zZoKo you really need to calm down. you are posting over 20x a day and it’s getting real fatiguing. Plus most of your questions are reaaaaaaly simple.
just my 2c

8 Likes

yet you havent answered a single one :joy:

i use those glass tube thingy in my board, they work and i haven’t have any blown, but they do get a bit warm when i was using a 5a fuse with a 4a charger, so maybe have a slightly bigger amp rating if u r going 5a+ charging, maybe 8a or 10a

4 Likes

On my LLT BMS wired for discharge bypass, the app always shows the battery at 99% or 100%, no matter the voltage. Is this normal behavior due to it not detecting any discharge or can I change some setting to make the charge state appear correctly?

1 Like

I don’t trust those things. I feel like either the glass will crack from constant vibrations or that tiny wire will snap.

2 Likes

You’ve used up your alottment of free help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We are here to help but not to do it for you.

Keep trying and smash that search button here and on esk8 builders

7 Likes

The fact that you’re even saying that shows how much you care for the help that has already been provided lmao

5 Likes

I leave for a day and already I see your name. I’m gonna guess it has something to do with the posting.

2 Likes

Also if you tape temperature probes to a battery, use polyimide (Kapton :tm: ) tape and make sure it’s not in a place where it’s going to get pinched while being under vibration.

1 Like

The BMS is going to be attached to the charger, rather than the battery, so I’m not worried about vibrations or movement. Not too sure if it’s worth taping them on in this instance.