Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

i got the battle hardened version, the mounting bracket isnt even that thick its like 0.3cm

I have the same exact motors and found the shaft to be plenty long, what pulleys are you using?

after measuring the shaft from the flat side of the motor until the peak of the shaft is like 2cm long, using the 15 teeth* d shaft it comes with

d shaft? Why did you buy D shaft ones?

I have the keyed ones and the shafts are definitely 30mm long

1 Like

d shaft seems easiest to use? no extra keys needed

the latest flipsky motor short shaft version should be 25mm long

d or no d shaft

1 Like

damn they robbed me of 1cm

I suppose if you can find a pulley for em, yeah.

Weird that yours are shorter. Did you try flipping the pulley around though?

had to take this one handed but you can see where the shaft hole is and where the pulley one is, missed eachother by a good portion

1 Like

don’t say it don’t say it don’t say it

1 Like

yeah I had this instinct as well, apparently there isn’t a standard for the shape of a D shaft though. They’re also just not very common, so it’s much harder to find them at all. Also turns out that keys are pretty easy to use

1 Like

i might just super glue it to the shaft once its installed on a board

Green or red loctite would be the correct way, but superglue might work too

You might regret permanently gluing it but at least with loctite you can blowtorch it to get it off

the superglue here is pretty shitty so im not worried about it being stuck on

1 Like

Anyone know where i can get a smaller tip for the weller sp80n soldering iron? The one that came with it is 9,5mm wide, needless to say I’d like something more manageable. I tried taking the tip with me to several stores and the only response I got was “damn that’s a big ass tip”

1 Like

you can look for one on common sites like amazon or ebay, or maybe the manuefactorer of the welder makes its own ones

btw so you guys just use exteneded 12awg wires when it comes to having a battery mounted in the middle of the board?

I’ve tried, the only one I was able to find was a 4-pack on amazon which costs more than the soldering iron itself

I used 10AWG, but 12 might work if you’re not pushing a ton of amps. I routed it through the binding, although I’ve seen people route it off the side or in a channel cut into the deck.

1 Like

Superglue is just a brand name for cyanoacrylate (CA), or crazy glue, it’s pretty good at what it does but it’s by no means permanent, I don’t think you’ve got much to worry about