Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

wtf? obviously i want to see the damn board battery what the f*ck do i have a 50$ remote for if it doesnt even show the damn battery

how you gonna say that i dont need to solder anything EXCEPT i need to solder the main thing i have the remote for

To get you moving. That’s the main purpose of a remote, not to tell you your rough battery status. For that we have telemetry devices or even dedicated battery meters.

I never bothered to hook the cable up. just wastes more energy lighting up the LEDS for something that isn’t super useful.

Sometimes i think you could be someone that request a refund for free things or services that came with your order but didn’t work very well.

4 Likes

so you just guess the battery percentage, probably wont work for anything past grocery store

Bruh…

Holy fuck. A remote is to make the board move.

A battery level indication can be on the remote, on your 'droid, on a gauge on the board, or in your pocket.

This is DIY. Do it yourself!

7 Likes

No because as i said: for that we use telemtry devices or gauges.

1 Like

“I just made my own electric vehicle. But, it doesn’t have heated seats and nobody installed them for me either. Grrrr”

5 Likes

u can tape it on the V+ wire, who fucking care, as long as it touching, then it will work

i have one board that has no battery indicator method, no metr, no gauge, vx1 wire no hook up. BUT i know that boards goes 15+km, so i just never go pass 15km mark, its not that hard

3 Likes

I got pelted with a June bug to the neck running over 30 and I thought someone shot me.

My favorite is when you run through a swarm of Peter nats, you can’t ever get them out your eyes!!

2 Likes

Both of those things you just described, 100%, yes

1 Like

Noob here!

Was wondering if someone with experience could share some suggestions to VESC tool settings.
I am running
Two 6374 190KV 85A motors
A 10s3 30Q Lipo with a BMS which is described as ( 10S/13S/30A/50A Lipo Battery BMS System - Cells in series : 10- Discharge Current : 30-60A)
Flipsky Dual FSESC4.20 ESC 50A continuous single/100A continuous dual

If someone has any idea what settings I should run that would be helpfull!

Are you discharging through the BMS or around it?

Hello, it’s me again with a maybe stupid, rather theoretical question about mountainboards:

If I get an electric mountainboard, if I use a wedged riser to get the front trucks to be at an 45° angle, is there anything I can do on the front axle to make the board even more “turny”?

I am pretty sure I am discharging around it

I would start with:

motor max: 85A per motor
motor min: -65A per motor
battery max: 24A per ESC
battery min: -13.5A per ESC
ESC cutoffs:

Make sure “Duty Cycle Maximum” is 95% and “Duty Cycle Current Limit Start” is 85% to 90%

And don’t believe these numbers unless you want broken stuff: (these refer to battery currents)

Thanks man, I will try this out! In the VESC tool I presume I will have to just set 48A and -27A as will detect both the ESC’s?

You’ll probably need to do each one separately. If using CANBUS you can select in the bottom left which ESC you are working on.

What is a DRV fault?

JST-PH at both ends. 4P at DAVEGA side and 7P or 8P at VESC side.