Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

What does the V4 Demonseed have over the original? And what does the Origin Distribution ‘2nd’ mean?

“2nd” and “b-stock” and “blem” are usually synonyms, but I dont know anything about the context you are seeing them in.

1 Like

I’m thinking of trading out my Faultline for the Demonseed, was looking for a place to get one that doesn’t break the bank and OD seems to be the best rn but they won’t answer the phone (probably on lunch break or something). It’s in the sale category so 2nd referring to b stock makes sense, probably gonna mutilate it on the CNC anyways so a little blemish won’t be the end of the world

2 Likes

Anyone know of clean solutions for sealing cables inside enclosures?
I saw this a while ago. e0c42d928513dc2dbcb97c075e2cb32e7c9b84d0_2_666x500

1 Like

The vesc needs 5% of its duty cycle for functionality. If you remove that, then farewell to the esc. But you don’t need to entirely limit your Duty cycle unless you don’t want to go fast on your board. 95% is fine.

1 Like

1 Like

Something that looks a bit tidy? :smiley:

That would be on you entirely.

1 Like

Change the bit, hold the pulley, then turn the motors. Mine was stuck at times as well.

i got it out, and the bit was the right one for that matter

1 Like

will mbs rockstar ii hubs work with other types of tires? if i wanted to use another 200x50 tire would it work?

1 Like

broo who knew that 5xxx motors dont fit 6x mounts, i had to diy my own shit

Yes that will work.

Look at this thread for more info Pneumatic Wheel Compendium (Serious)

2 Likes

There are also two different kinds of 50xx mounts, both of which don’t match 63xx mounts, I think.

1 Like

idk mane i got a n5065 peasant editon i had to cut into the metal

Check this thread

And thank @ducktaperules for using the word “compendium” in the title so it’s always super easy to search for. I guess I just messed that up, huh :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wanted it to be easy to find :+1: Planned to do some similar threads on other common parts but never got round to it :sob:

1 Like

you also get my build thread :rofl:

1 Like

It might be the right one in terms of size, but speaking from long and painful experience, you really, really should invest in a nice set of high quality hex keys. Like, top-three essential tools level of important.

I (and most of the people in the forum) swear by the Wera Hex-Plus series of wrenches. Before you ask - Yes, they are expensive, and yes, they are absolutely worth every penny.

They will save you so much headache from stripped fasteners or rounded-off drivers, its not even funny.

4 Likes

bro if you cant find it on the ground its probably out of my budget

1 Like