Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I think its the floating method, its reduce shock the battery pack experience by a lot, but i could be wrong :man_shrugging:t2:

@BenjaminF u have padding on all sides for ur mistfall?

1 Like

I use just foam, there’s enough compression that the batteries aren’t going anywhere. Plus good luck trying to pull a stiff battery that’s been velcroed on out of a tight fitting box.

3 Likes

True; Is the foam that comes with these boxes usually enough for a battery? Or are they replaced with thicker foam (or foam is added)?

First time soldering. Was just wondering if you guys think this will work, or if I should maybe redo it?

2 Likes

I do have the grey part of the mr60 on there btw, it’s just out of frame

2 Likes

the solder joint looks okay ish if I were you i’d redo it . to be safe you should cut just enough of the wire insulation, it should nearly touch the golden part when you push it all the way in.

Edit: https://forum.esk8.news/t/serious-how-to-solder-the-complete-tutorial-from-a-z

read this if you haven’t it’s great knowledge

3 Likes

What if I add heat shrink to where it’s nearly touching the gold part? I’m scared if I cut any more length off the wire that it won’t reach the ESC

1 Like

you can unsolder them and cut them a little bit you’ll lose like 5-10mm at max. also pre tin your wires too

1 Like

Ok I’ll try that

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

If this is your first time, you should put your motors down asap and practice on spare wire. Spend a couple hours getting the feel for it, watching videos of good joints, and getting comfortable with your tools before you do it on something that could short/catch fire/throw you into the pavement at 20mph

7 Likes

Any reviews about this site ?

What are the differences between all of these options?

Looking for a charger for 12s9p 50e so as I understand I need 100~120VAC OR 200~240VAC CHARGERS ? This looks like a decent option.

If you’re ordering from China anyways. Why not look at YZPOWER Official Store - Kleine bestellingen Online Winkel, Best Verkopende en meer op AliExpress or WATE Charger Store - Kleine bestellingen Online Winkel, Best Verkopende en meer op AliExpress.
They stock most common voltages.

6 Likes

My unity spits out DRV errors. I think it does it when the ahto turn-off triggers. Any idea why?

1 Like

Is this at all better? How do I know when it’s good enough? I practiced, I’ve read some things, watched a lot of videos, but I’m still unsure. Sorry for the dumb questions. I just don’t wanna fuck it up lol. Thanks

5 Likes

Better quality pics

How hot is your soldering iron?

Looks to me as if they potentially could use some more heat.

6 Likes

“How hot” was what i meant*

2 Likes

I think it’s fine. It’s just a lil 60 watt

1 Like

watt ≠ heat

4 Likes