Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I have a couple of WeMos D1 mini, I’m wondering if I could use them as remote/receiver moduals to try and learn some arduino coding, 3d modeling and such

Anyone know what screws are needed for some janux motor mounts? Like, all of em. I’m asked to help switch mounts to new trucks but no idea if the old screws will be good

1 Like

I re-read a textbook to try and confirm this but I’m still digesting it because I’m a little rusty, will come back to confirm tomorrow if I’ve got any useful sources for people to dive more into

1 Like

@Evwan didn’t you find one of the screws for the truck clamp part?

normalement si tes vis ne sont pas endommagé visuellement (des filets stripé/applatie/manquant) ça devrait être good.

2 Likes

Yep. Mais je n’ai pas encore les pièces en main, et la personne ne m’a inspiré beaucoup de confiance avec ses réponses

1 Like

Check out the FireFly remote project. If you’re just getting your feet wet in Arduinos and the like, there’s plenty there to learn and customize.

1 Like

ah ok d’accord je comprend, moteur c’est forcément du m4 tête torx par contre. sinon le reste je pourrais pas dire… va falloir attendre de l’avoir en main propre

1 Like

#10-24 for the clamp

M4/M5 for the rest

@Flasher

1 Like

@Sn4Pz
The cable is getting worse, it’s randomly restarting on me in the middle of rides, about every 2 minutes. Oh well, I’ll probably just end up cutting the cable off if I can’t find the cause.

1 Like

Thats really a bummer :frowning:

I’m not trying to pin the blame on you but are you sure its not one of your solder jobs? The wire was super flexible high quality stuff from Janpom, and while its not guaranteed not to break I wouldn’t think its likely :man_shrugging:

I would literally bounce on the board while it was built in my room waiting for it to charge or if I just randomly felt like it and it never had any issues while I used it :man_shrugging:

Alternatively, what pin out are you using? Doesnt the 3.3v and 5v switch on v4 to v6 vesc hw? I feel like I remember hearing that it would work on 5v but it was less stable… could that be whats happening?

1 Like

This is exactly what I was thinking, my soldering isn’t very good. From the issues that actually seems like the restarting is my fault as the power or ground isn’t connected right, but the fact that it’s not refreshing unless I stand on it seems like an internal issue. I’ll investigate it tonight or tomorrow and I’ll update you if you’d like.

2 Likes

Also the random restarting just happened, and I’ve been riding the board for a week

I’m using 3.3v

1 Like

Please do, I bet Janpom / Sender would be interested in hearing whats up once this gets resolved as well.

I would guess that only your power delivery wire needs to be checked / resoldered…

@janpom Will a davega reset upon disconnection of a data wire? Or just if the power is flakey?

1 Like

It’s definitely the power. At the end of the ride, it rebooted about every 2 seconds so it was just a flashing white screen. This is before it even connects to the vesc.

1 Like

Interesting… I bet janpom has his QC in check but since you didnt buy the davega I spooged to high hell maybe you could check to see if the pins underneath the davega board itself are somehow occasionally touching something they shouldnt be?

I feel like i saw that as a ‘problem’ some users were having when the davega was in its infancy. Thats probably the last thing to check though, power lines first.

1 Like

Whatever it is, I really hope I figure it out as a telemetry is very useful to me

1 Like

Got any other UART devices you can test to see if its your vesc instead?

1 Like

Remote is working fine. Using a vx1

1 Like

Strange… You said your soldering isnt much good, have you read up on this?

Fck lead free solder, get it gone if thats what youre using now.

4 Likes

I’m just learning how to solder smaller wires. It is very difficult because they’re short and it’s difficult to having the board on my desk and soldering there

2 Likes