Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Oh but be patient, them Meepo hubs m3 screws are pretty short. If one comes lose its pretty quick that you lose them all. Friend of mine rides a meepo mini and I exchanged the screws against longer once for him.
U can use screws up to 16mm length.

I’ve replaced all with proper hard screws and not some weak ass chinesium screws that strip.

2 Likes

LMAO, sorry hahahaha, my fault :laughing: :hugs: :grin:

I feel like a giant dumb ass (probably because I am,) but I can’t figure out how to setup a power button on my Vesc 6 mkiii. I’ve tried momentary and latching to no avail. Any tips are super appreciated! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

What pins are you connecting them to? I think there’s a setting that has to be enabled in VESC Tool, am I right about that @Trampa?

I think it’s this setting.

dis

e: u need a mom switch

3 Likes

What’s your price for a loop key (including shipping to Sweden)? Or to solder connectors to an antispark?

If you want an 8AWG one I can solder it together for £15 or I have premade 12AWG (Does about 70 amps given how short the bridge is) for £10

How’s the shipping to Sweden now with brexit and all that? Is it plenty worse? I will investigate the alternatives and see what the best option is, but I appreciate your help. I might choose you if the other options turn out to be too time consuming or too costly :slight_smile: I agree with the others though that maybe it’s a sign to get a better soldering iron. But yeah, I will weigh the options

I’d also reccomend a soldering iron :smiley:
Shipping isnt too expensive but it can take quite a long time, sometimes well over a week

How do you bypass a common port BMS?

looks good. one thing I’d suggest is adding 2 extra screws for each segment that way if you loose a screw is doesn’t instantly separate from the board. might also be a good idea to make yourself some tpu washers to sit in-between the screw and the enclosure. I did this for my petg enclosure and its lasted my like 6 months.

3 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

Yes it can. :grin:

You can. Heat and a wire brush is quite effective.

It can if you heat it too much, yes.

Loctite recommends methylene chloride (also known as dichloromethane or DCM). Acetone works too, but slower.

3 Likes
1 Like

So LED+ and - go to 5V and GND, and the 2 momentary pins go to GND and Power Switch pins? if that’s what you’re saying, I tried that. I also tried using a latching switch with the setup suggested in OPTION 1 from manual and no dice… @Trampa could you prease assist?

That’s how I understand it would work, if it doesn’t work, time to ask Frank.

1 Like

Can someone tell me what type of specific connector that is on the end of a flipsky 6374 motor? Mine got damaged somehow and I need to get a new one.

Any recommendations for real short motor mounts?

Evo 40 with boosted ss enclosure, seeing if I can fit motors under the board without putting this thing up on risers and changing angles. I’ve got some BKB and also TB V4? mounts and they hit the enclosure, does anyone make a really short motor mount?