Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If you run that new P-pack down too low you can damage it or cause a fire if you’ve bypassed the BMS, which is typically how an esk8 is wired.

Yes, Lii-PD4 will work great for fixing that. Use alligator clips and carefully connect just that P-pack.

carefully being the key word here

1 Like

Thanks man !! I will be careful :weary: :boom:

Just a little update on the process: I soldered the charger to the one pack … and it is now charging. So far so good :blush: it’s now up to 3.92V still counting

… 4.06V still counting :blush:

… 4.15V (88%) and still counting

1 Like

1 Like

Loctite guide, all in one place, for everyone’s reference

Please add to it if it’s missing something

5 Likes

@rusins @BenjaminF
Do you guys have any other suggestions of tests you want me to do? Going to bang the plank then bang the enclosure itself? As if I bottom out on the deck?
I’m looking for dummy weights rn then I will bang it in the next hour…

Put something heavy inside and vibrate the fuck out of it for 4 hours, see if the bolt holes crack.

2 Likes

I’ll need some kind of machine :joy: any suggestions?

For dummy weight can I use sand?

Do abec screw on pulleys work on cloud wheels? Ik their core is different.

u probably want something hard and has a fixed shape, and can rattle inside the enclosure to test it’s durability

3 Likes

I was thinking that too. What if I tape the sand into small packets? I was initially going to use sets of screws and Allen keys etc but it’s going to be painful to arrange it all again

Get some beefy bolts. A 21700 cell is generally 70g, think how many you’ll have in there, then put 20% more weight in bolts, nuts, washers and test

2 Likes

Yes. I have weighed my batteries. I’d get some big bolts if stores were open… and if I had money. I’ll go to the park by my house and see how much sand will fit :joy: I will wrap it in tape into segments so they can shake around. I’ll mix in some bolts too. *Actually I have some big rocks around my house so they can shake around and I won’t have to tape sand together

This is okay? Keep in mind that the batteries won’t actually move - snug fit, while this stuff is very loose. This test is more extreme than the forces the enclosure will face.

5 Likes

now shake it
shake it

8 Likes

Good enough lol. Now, abuse

5 Likes

:yawning_face: it’s not even a challenge. I made this enclosure way too thick to be weak. It’s also completely solid which most people underestimate since consumer plastic products are usually hollow.

8 Likes

Take one bearing apart and remove all the stuffs except the outer race. (Look up how to take apart skate bearings) Put a dowel in there and beat the other bearing out. Put the first bearing back together. Turn it upside down, put a dowel in there, and beat the other bearing out.

4 Likes