Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

For decks that have 2 set of truck mounting holes, what the difference in a shorter or longer wheel base? How will the ride change if any?

Assuming your trucks remain the same, with a shorter wheel-base you will get a smaller turning circle/radius, and with a longer wheel-base you will get a larger turning circle/radius.

So if you want to get some more stability by making your existing trucks turn less, you can use the longer wheel-base option. On electric skateboards with big wheels, often you will be forced to use the longer wheel-base option just to avoid wheel-bite :smiley:

Or vice-versa, if you think your board is already really stable and you want slightly sharper turns, use the more narrow wheel-base option. Might also make your board more compact / easier to carry.

6 Likes

Thanks for that, good explanation!!

1 Like

Is there any vendor besides infintyXs and davega baseplate who makes “x thing” that fit both old and new school? It doesn’t have to be x shape, any shape would do. Im just looking for options

1 Like

Set control mode to off or none

NOT app to use, this will kill bluetooth

Alternatively the easiest way is probably set the motor max current to 0.

1 Like

@Nacho showed me these

I believe they are the new school patterm

2 Likes

yea i saw those, was hoping to find something that works for both old and new school at the same time

2 Likes

Hmm not sure then, I don’t think I’ve seen any that accommodate both, sorry :confused:

1 Like

its alright man, guess i will go with davega baseplate then, those are cheap af to get a stack :joy:

2 Likes

Why can’t I get the 3dservisas calculator to work?

Who has access to fixing it?

Can we pay them?

I will put money towards fixing it.

1 Like

My bad, they did fix it. Seems to work okay for me now.

why not this?

1 Like

Oh sweet, tyvm!

ublock origin started blocking one of the scripts that’s needed for it to work some time ago. So disabling your adblock might help.

3 Likes

That calculator has a bunch of things missing; most notable for me is speed at full battery, average battery, and empty battery.

5 Likes

Haven’t put them on yet but I think they are new school @Savage1 can you confirmed I’m out today can’t measure :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

@Nacho So the black ones you have from us are OLD school. They are 1.625” x 2.5”.
(New school is 1.625” x 2.125”)
It looks like the used ones you have, based on the screw indentations, where old school as well.

2 Likes

@dickyho has a couple different styles. He might be able to custom make you a set too, very inexpensive

1 Like

Has anyone tried 3d printing a tpu gasket for their enclosure? Is it a bad idea?