Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Not sure what he used here, but Sketch.io is a good resource and I’ve used it to make similar things

2 Likes

That has a few problems, like the lighting and the battery meter won’t turn off when the loopkey is pulled.

Plus, learning to solder is highly recommended. Each of those connector pairs you need to cable-tie together (or tie with twine) so they can’t vibrate apart.

Try a circuit closer to this, and put the voltmeter in parallel with the lights.

Also, 10AWG wire will work fine but really 12AWG is all you need. Only use silicone-insulated, high-strand-count wire.

3 Likes

Is Visio still a thing?

1 Like

I tried smartdraw but it wasn’t a succes for me. So I ended up in microsoft powerpoint :rofl:

1 Like

Ah I see you’re right. Thanks for mentioning!!!
I just looked at it and if I put the loopkey where the arrow points to, it will be solved. right?

And I will learn how to solder (at least i will try to learn)! What do you mean with cable-tie the connectors together? I dont understand :flushed:

3 Likes

Your BMS will lose power when you pull the loop key, meaning you will only be able to charge the board with the loop key in.

This might be what you are going for, because in theory it means that there is no passive drain on your battery. But it might also be a pain in the ass.

1 Like

It wasn’t my intention to charge only when the loopkey is plugged in. But I dont see the difference of my diagram and the one of @b264 . Does that diagram has the same ‘problem’ or am i missing something :thinking:

The difference is that in your diagram, the loop key is cutting the B- line going to the BMS.

1 Like

Oh wait! I mean the red wire instead of the black one. Then it would be ok right? :smiley:

Your battery indicator should be in front of the loopkey, not behind it. The arrow isn’t really necessary for the loop key. You don’t want your indicator taking away energy.

2 Likes

no, put there except on the positive side

This would be right?

1 Like

Tbh, I’ve never done it that way.

No because that’s cutting B+ from the BMS

I would recommend just doing the first method but putting the indicator in front of the loopkey. It saves alot of issues.

Maybe i’m acting stupid but I tought B+ is one of the balance leads of the BMS, I didn’t draw them at all… When the loopkey is pulled out i tought it will charge following the pink line

But the light will never turn of then?

B+ is the main positive discharge wire. The big fat red one that all the power goes through.

(It is also connected to the positive-most balance lead, but that should only ever be connected to the BMS so the BMS can balance and monitor it, nothing else.)

If you’re bypassing the BMS (which you should be, unless you have a very good reason not to), then you shouldn’t have P- connected to the circuit at all.
You also have two red wires going to the connector for the voltmeter/stepdown/LED, and then a red and a black wire from there.

Go through and make sure all the things that are positive are red, and all the the things that are negative are black.

1 Like

whats the more powerful setup - dual 6364 motors or a single 63100? I would guess the duals cuz more traction and more total motor length?