Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Any idea of that weird noise in left motor? They are out of the box.

Just a quick one I’m running 4WD and my battery cable splits to each vesc. If I run my battery percentage indicator after the split on one parallel group will this be the full amount as voltage is the same in parallel ?

1 Like

Yes it will be the same amount, doesn’t matter

1 Like

will be equal

Cheers man.

I was hoping that is the case as I’m running out of room lol and did not want to have to make an extension lead just for the LCD

1 Like

@Dinnye Yes, this.

Use hard risers, no stainless steel in your hardware stack, use brass washers, and tighten it TIGHT. You don’t want the stack twisting on you, it’s not fun. For stacks that high I’d strongly consider pinning them and/or epoxying them together.

I’ve never gone over 39mm tall…

…except this which was ephemeral and not seriously designed for transportation, just for jokes and photo opportunities.

4 Likes

Brian do you have a link to those super tall risers? The ones with the sloped sides that are wider at the base (deck side) than at the truck.

3 Likes

I cant’ find them on amazon or AliExpress, they seem out of stock now. Hmm…

https://www.amazon.com/Longboard-Riser-Truck-Risers-Black/dp/B00B2Q4PK2

3 Likes

Is that in foc or BLDC? If its bldc, try seeing if it does the same thing in FOC. If so, something inside the motor can is loose.

Swap the wires, connect the left motor to the right ESC channel, etc, and see if the sound changes sides or not.

Can anyone point me to where I can get some of those X brackets (or similar) that aren’t from china? For a new school truck hole pattern. I feel like I’ve seen it around here but I can’t find it anymore

1 Like

@surfnacho
I need some to can you help :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

why are the tb v7 motor mounts so expensive?

1 Like

They are on my site. I have been making some and they are going out to anodizing, but I might just have a bunch made at the factory so I can stock them for a while.

2 Likes

Because torqueboards isn’t cheap with “new products” like the $750 AT kit.

2 Likes

BLDC with sensors aka. hybrid mode. Imho there is no reason to switch to foc, cause I can hear that strange noise when turning motor manually

No changes at all, still sth “kocking”
I’ll return that to HK, will see what they say

Thank you guys

The TB V7 motor mounts are some of the strongest out there. They’re like double the thickness, mount perfectly, and have a crossbar. I fully support them haha

1 Like

okay thats fair

i was just comparing them to the Bn mounts and seeing that they were double the price surprised me

BN mounts are just really cheap (not in a bad way, he just has like the best prices on the market). Also the TB ones are way stronger arguably, big difference

2 Likes