Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

The Ali 6x2 nylon tires are brilliant and not expensive. Just beware with hub compatibility.

2 Likes

Yes, I am aware that I will loose range. I saw those but they cost $199 and im not willing to pay that much. Maybe ill just go with the 110s

I will look at those. Where could I find the proper hubs?

1 Like

You can buy with hubs included but you will need a long axle…
I think bergmeister hubs are also compatible.
If you can print @mishrasubhransu had made some designs also.

1 Like

Do the tb wheels have a kegel core?

This is a good reference for pneumies, it’s a complicated world :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Speaking of -

In your “no holes in the enclosure” philosophy, how do you make sure the Amass connectors don’t come unplugged? Epoxy a zip tie?
That’s my concern with non-locking connectors.

1 Like

I got a full TB AT kit with everything but motors for $150 here, so just be on the lookout.

1 Like

Yea it sure sounds complicated lol thanks!

I will!

How do channel trucks (lets say Matrix 2’s) compare to Surf Rods/Psychotiller (TKP) trucks for riding 7-8" pneumatics on? Am thinking about the carving experience specifically (Ive not ridden either). Is one more stable/smoother/etc?

1 Like

Great question, it’s obvious you’re paying attention.

I’ve considered having FUGLY loops on the enclosure to cable-tie them in so they can’t come loose.

But so far, it hasn’t come to that.

I clamp the wire to the deck a few centimetres past the connector in such a way that there is pressure to keep it plugged in. So far, none of those have backed out.

As long as the wire has pressure to stay plugged in (assuming zero connector friction) then you should be okay. The moment you won’t be okay, is the moment you rely on connector friction to keep the plug in. I also slightly angle them upwards so gravity helps too, but this isn’t always possible.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that “upwards” means “downwards” while you’re building, before you flip it over.

I’m also a student of this philosophy and can attest that the pressure is enough to keep it. Perhaps there is half a mm offset but it stays that way.

3 Likes

How would one test a BMS to see if it’s broken?

If you have any doubts, toss it and get a new one.

A BMS is not a device to play games with. It’s your fire prevention device.

Allow me to inquire, what causes you to ask the question?

1 Like

i struggle so hard with left and right (motor) since the board is always upside down.

5 Likes

A self-locking mr60 would be a great innovation.

A self-locking black MR90 would be a better innovation :crazy_face:

I’ll take fifty pairs, please :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Exactly. I’d like it yellow though…