Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yes, and no. The motors are not at the end, but theyre near the end and can’t be raised above the surface of the deck…not a huge problem, just would prefer to have them a bit higher than they are currently. Not happening with DH mounts on a hummie I don’t think

1 Like

I was considering this lol

1 Like

amazon germany has it

1 Like

Maybe just put a little griptape on the motor cans :rofl:

edit: ninja’d

edit2:

ninja’d again

7 Likes

Well, i had kind of the same problem anyway. You’re running 400mm belts i assume. Only longer mounts can clear it

1 Like

https://www.fixnvis.es/catalogsearch/result/?q=648
love this shop

3 Likes

Its out of stock :frowning:

It doesnt let me ship it to spain :frowning:

But thanks for the suggestions, i will keep looking

1 Like

Life saver, thanks :pray:

1 Like

If you’re really in need I can ship it to you and order again from Amazon.de.

3 Likes

I’m using extended motor mounts for these small thane wheels, are there any issues I’m likely to encounter?

1 Like

would 120 cloudwheels work on this?

Yep it would work.
Pneumatic or airless rubber wheels would be 100x better though

1 Like

Nooooo :sob::sob:
Sorry!

In VESC tool on a dual ESC, is max battery amps per side or total? I’m pretty sure motor amps is per side, not so sure about battery.

I currently have motor amps set to 75A and battery amps to 150A, although technically I don’t think anything past 75 would have any effect?

I haven’t tried cloudwheels, but from my experience riding roads like that on a bicycle – you’ll hate the experience lol

2 Likes

No.

They technically would probably roll on that if you didn’t go too slow, in a similar way that you could probably survive by eating nothing but dry, uncooked rice.

But no, absolutely not, you will not enjoy riding them on that.

2 Likes

Really noob question… probably replied 1000 times already…

I have dual Focboxes and I’m trying to upgrade them to 5.01 firmware using vesc tool 2.0.6… so I just go to the firmware tab and hit this?

I have USB connected to one of them, and both connected together via canbus (which I wouldn’t like to disconnect, as it’s already got glued :roll_eyes: )

Thanks!!

Yes

Is there a limit on which VESC versions the METR will detect? It’s connected but no read or write to anything (not even voltage)

It’s an FS I resoldered and I need to test it but all I have is my phone

@rpasichnyk Got any sneaky features to get a ESC running with just an iPhone?

1 Like

It supports pretty much all VESC firmware versions (but not BETA versions). Just make sure your VESC firmware is not BETA.

Yes, you can completely setup a VESC using iPhone. Do motor detection, PPM remote calibration, and change any parameter

1 Like