Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

those but they arent curved the have a flat top

Do you have a photo of the bolts?

1 Like

no ive just seen them before and cant remember what they are called now

Hai,

I looked at this diagram and I wondered if connect another two 4s1p batteries to charging ports connectors. would it to be 4s2p and finally 8s2p? :thinking:

keep in mind that originally for charging this wiring should have additional antispark on black cable in the middle between batts

1 Like

it will never be 8s2p
think of it this way, 4s1p that u have is basically 4 cells wired in series, so 4 x 1 = 4
ur diagram shows dual 4s1p, so (4 x 1) x 2 = 8 cells in total, ignore how wiring is done for now
what u hope for 8s2p is actually 8 x 2 = 16, which is double of cells than what u have rn
in order for u to have 8s2p with those 4s1p pack that u have, u will need 4 packs of those (4s1p) to make 8s2p
(4 x 1) x 4 = 16, also equals to 8 x 2 = 16
wiring would be A+B packs wired in series, repeat with C and D pack, then AB pack parallel it with CD pack to make a final 8s2p pack

i hope this make sense?

3 Likes

Clear :slight_smile:

I also found out that connecting the cells in parallel first makes for a much more stable pack with lower voltage sag. So to get A+B in pararell (as so C+D) and then go series.
“parallel group works as one unit. So get them as closest as possible together with the smallest possible resistance (wire lenght) and you will have a much more stable cell unit which balance itself.” Is it right?

1 Like

yes, this also makes it 8s2p. I thought u already had a series in place and wanted more range. if u r just starting to wire them, then yea, do the A+B parallel and C+D parallel, then AB series to CD, it would be even better that way

awesome, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dose google understand you.

3 Likes

yes something like round countersunk

M2 hex counter sunk would be a tiny alien key and not going to be able to tighten properly better off with a Philips (I said Philips not pozi there is a huge difference in there mechanical usage)

1 Like

ah ok thanks a lot

M2 counter sunk would need a 1.3mm Allen key

Anyone out there having 2 different boards with vx2 receivers and one remote? I cant pair mine at all. It only works with one receiver.

1 Like

Seems to be the same firmware version:

If I try to scan can this error pops up

why is vesc 40$ but to get all the other shit you need its like 70$

1 Like

will 110kv direct drive at the back and 90kv at the front work? just for short term? thanks

1 Like

Can you check if a 4.12 VESC is damaged without a motor / with the VESC tool only?

I have a dual vesc4 and a flipsky vx1. Can I change the max current of each individual speed mode on the vx1? The high speed mode is wayyyyyyyy too fast and slow is a bit too slow, while medium is also a bit too fast.

1 Like

Just been overwhelmed with online school, teachers aren’t making it easy and parents struggle to understand.

Plus riding in Hershey has been damn near impossible since everyone is outside now and thinks they are making a difference in the world by calling the police whenever they see me.
Some Karen in a Facebook group discovered this and had shared it among a bunch of local groups. Our local Police has no choice but to enforce it since they know about it.

I have been trying to fight it and get it removed, but because of everything else going on right now it isn’t something they are gonna do for awhile.

Been planning some things, just need to find the time to get it all together. Can’t wait to make it to group rides this summer now that I can drive.

8 Likes