Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

km/h
gg

26,000mph damn you fast boi!

3 Likes

kilomiles exist?

2 Likes

Anybody can tell me which belt length I need if I want to use tb 50xx motor mounts

with 36/15T gearing?
I do not have the mounts yet, so I can’t measure by my own unfortunately.
Length of truck center to motor shaft center would also be enough. The rest I could calculate by my own :sweat_smile:

Edit: I see @torqueboards is online :smile:
Maybe you got the answer for me here?

Did anyone ever had this issue with his OS DAVEGA / Flipsky davega:
When connected to the VESC, the display just shows a bunch of “00.0” placeholders, the red dot on the top is red for like 1 second, then flickers shortly, then red for 1 sec again.
Buttons dont work too
@janpom

Anything that causes this?
Using two Flispky 4.12
Voltage is stable at 5.15V

In the schematic RX - > TX and TX -> RX (logical)
But on the pcb it turns out RX goes to RX and TX to TX… Or they just labeled it for the assembly man…
Should I try to swap RX and TX, or is this unlikely to solve it or maybe even could damage the vesc?
It’s not really possible that they sell a product where you have to swap wires around though…
Whats the issue here?

noob shamans–
need help over here confirming I’m not crazy for suspecting a BMS issue.

1 Like

Probably too new VESC FW. I think only up to v3.60 is supported.

1 Like

I used JB Weld Wood for a similar task and it held up well, even though the deck has a fair amount of flex. Also, it was easy to sand

What is the best way to discharge a battery without using it? It’s veen raining constantly and will continue the next days with no change of riding.

1 Like

Flip the board upside down and throttle it for a while?

is there a way to get that outside of the usa?

I am not sure about international availability. You may want to look for “wood putty” at your hardware or home improvement store. Something epoxy-based should do the trick. @Movation suggested Miliput epoxy putty and that sounds like another solid option.

That’s minimal reduction. It would take several hours to get somewhere.

I would make use of metr discharge feature but i don’t have temp sensors.

1 Like

Didn’t take me too long but you could also just ride around in circles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

this sounds like a job for “wheelie-mode” @xsynatic

2 Likes

So I’m a complete noob to this hobby. I’m a highschooler looking to build my own electric longboard, since I’ve built an fpv drone. I have two questions. I was going to build a dual belt drive with flipsky 6355 190kv motors, but I’m not sure if those are any good or reliable. I’m trying to stay on the cheap end, since I do not have a lot of money to spend. Also I’m looking to get a 10s2p battery at an affordable price, but it seems that I can’t find one that is cheap or legit. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I would buy these over Flipsky: https://diyelectricskateboard.com/products/electric-skateboard-motor-6355-190kv

For a budget-oriented 10s2P, you’re better off sourcing from Meepo, Ownboard or Wowgo, since they offer free shipping. Get the best cell you can afford.

3 Likes

Noobish Question, If I bypass the Switch on the Unity, do I lose Roll to Start and Shutdown after X capabilities?

You’re not crazy for suspecting that. But it doesn’t sound like a BMS problem

Are you sure you aren’t just seeing the exact correct behavior for a float charger? I think you are expecting the outcome of using a trickle charger but actually have a float charger, which is usually better.

If you plug a fuel gauge into the charger (without an esk8 plugged in) and it jumps from OFF to 50.4V to OFF to 50.4V to OFF to 50.4V endlessly then you have a float charger. If it goes to 50.4V and stays there, then you have a trickle charger. So find this out first.

1 Like

Thanks for the help.

Amazon 1.5A and diy 4A both would not charge it yesterday. Actual voltage was 48.9. Today charged up and I removed it. Just checked metr and down to 50.3. Plugged in and 4A kicked on immediately.

I guess I’d need a female 2.1 to female 2.1 to test the charger. Or maybe I don’t understand.

4A just turned off at metr indicated 50.5 and “fuel gauge” at 50.3.