Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Correct.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Cheers. Btw, I’m a kiwi refuge in Melbourne Australia.

2 Likes

Anyone know the wiring off the top of their head for one of the halo led switches that people use for their esc?

Ive got a cheap FOCer with a power switch port, and I’m unsure how to wire it correctly for it to light up while the esc is on.

I’ve seen guys with the plug in switches, but those typically have 3 wires,
My switch has 5 wires (primary ones being n/c, n/o, and c) with the other two being power.

it depends on if its latching or mom switch, but both type can wire to NO and C, what esc is that

Esc:

Oh ok, so if I wire to n/c and c it will act as a proper switch.

Would I need to get separate power source to the switch for it to glow, or can I wire it to a 5v on the esc to power it?

It’s a latching led bulgin switch… :man_shrugging:

Just want to confirm, the Matrix II uses the old school mounting pattern and 10-32 hardware right? So nothing different from regular trucks?

i don’t exactly know, but it looks like latching is the type used. and for the led, i would suggest u test while the esc is on state (BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO SHORT ANYTHING), as the off state will be automactically trigger by the switch going to open state

1 Like

Ohhhhh loooool

It’s not even an actual switch to shut down power to the motor?? It just shuts down the drv
wow.

Thanks for catchin that!

the switch is just there to cut power to the drv 5v rail, i don’t think it will be in the “off” state, its more like standby with 1.5mA draw

1 Like

I’ll probably just go with a xt90s then.
Maybe I’ll hook it up later if I decide to get lights on the board or something

that’s something i would never understand, but good luck with ur endeavour :love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

Shutting down the DRV shuts down the 5V buck which shuts down the 3.3V supply which shuts down the MCU

4 Likes

For example between a 12s4p and a 10s4p battery (same cells), if you’re pulling the same current from each battery (on separate boards, and assuming everything is the same besides the battery), would you get more speed and toque/acceleration with the 12s over the 10s battery? Or since the current remains the same, you get the same speed and torque?

1 Like

Same torque, higher top end and more range

3 Likes

Im using a xenith vesc and when im programing in the tool, i have to program each side individually. I thought on dual vesc, the second one just copies the first one or it programs as if the dual vesc is 1 unit?? Or is this just one the unity? or i had it wrong all along?

It’s just one on Unity because it’s a single MCU architecture. Each value you set is used for both sides together

Much better example to test 10S6P versus 12S5P because it’s the same number of cells.

2 Likes

That may just be on the OG Unity tool, firmwares in the 23.xx range

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware there was a difference lol my bad