Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Yes, but 80% of top speed takes far, far, far less current/wattage

It’s not efficient to run at top speed for extended periods

Even 95% of top speed helps a lot more than full top speed

4 Likes

well before I drop a brutal fukin 1300 cad on a new drive train is thier anyone that can program my bored and fix the wieres for me, shoot a price and we can go from thier

what a compleat and udder fukin joke, skate board was meant for me to save money so my house next year not fukin buy the bored a second time 4.5k in total and thats like fukin 10% of my net , unbelievable …

No chance you went over 50A discharge? I’d throw this over in the “vesc FW 5.0 beta testers wanted” thread

1 Like

thx, I could have… I was riding hard and fast. I have my battery set to 45V max.

Bro, this is going to be an expensive hobby. Come to terms with it or move on.

It’s very hard to understand what you are writing and it doesn’t seem like you have been following the advice that’s been given. I’m not even sure where your road block is right now. Your posts are frenetic with garbage grammar and chat-esque. You are asking for help from smart dudes and they need coherent responses from you.

My suggestion is to slow down and make more thoughtful posts when you do post. You need to think like a scientist or engineer, not I know you’re frustrated and just want to ride. It’s unfortunate that you got wrapped up in bad parts, but sometimes you have to just dust off and start again. However, $1300 CAD seems awfully high to get you back on the road.

Can you start with pics of the wiring issues? It will be a lot easier to have someone help you if they can look at pictures of your issue. The recommendations that have been given aren’t going to get any better, but it looks like you just ignore a lot of the help that has been offered. Take screenshots of your settings as well. I’m not the guy to ultimately help you but I want you to succeed. Your posts and lack of follow up on the advice is off putting to those that are helping you. I’ve already tried to tell you this advice and I’m checking out at this point.

4 Likes

I note that you edited your post instead of double posting. thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello all!
I just started the DIY onewheel build. How/Where should I start with getting front/back lights working. Have not chosen an esc yet but either the balance pro or focer 2. Thanks!

2 Likes

$1300 is enough to buy two full skateboards’ worth of drivetrain components, and still have a week’s worth of expensive dinners left over.

Holy shit dude, you’ve been swindled so fucking hard. My entire electric BIKE built from scratch cost only $2500 or so, and each of my (large and serious) esk8 builds were sub-$2000, including pneumatic wheels and dual vesc6 on the big one. The fact that you paid even a third of that for a Raptor 2 is mind boggling.

3 Likes

What are thermistors coming from a bms ?

to monitor battery pack temperature

5 Likes

Thank you there fine sir

3 Likes

welcome brother…

just don’t do this… that thermistor is doing absolutely NO GOOD monitoring deck temp…

4 Likes

I fixed it like u said, I put it along the fish paper lol

3 Likes

lol

2 Likes

But @kook never forgets.

1 Like

only if i reread the st00pidity i drunk-post the next morning…

3 Likes

Since there’s no real budget MB Deck I wanted to ask if you ever come across something like that on ebay or any non Alibaba site?

you can buy a budget MTB deck on Amazon… in fact you can buy a whole passle of cheepness there…

https://www.amazon.com/MBS-10101-Colt-90-Mountainboard/dp/B0157CSIAY?ref_=ast_sto_dp

why not use your own grey matter between your ears…

2 Likes

I saw that deck already on bms’ site.
It’s 20 degree :confused: not 35 degree

1 Like

have you ever ridden a 20 degree deck?
a 35 degree deck?

do you even know what the two would skate like, without even getting on one?

my biggest gripe with that board is the trucks not the deck

1 Like