Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I have been told the HS Puck can show your board battery level, is this true if so is there a guide.

You can email the worst he will say is no

is there any simple guide of how to install threaded inserts
i am awful at doing them and really dont wanna screw my nice new redember up

Give some details of the exact inserts. There are several types, and they all behave differently.

1 Like

my exact point i dont know where to start

got a redember xapham and based on eboosted recommendations he says 20 bolts or so
like the ones that eboosted sells the most but dunno what they are called

1 Like

cheers
is there an install guide on this forum? or is it just try and see what happens?

Please consider reading through the thread I literally just linked you to. All kinds of info and advice there.

9 Likes

Funny I just recommended this, and then 2 days later it happened to me.

7 Likes

So I read through It and still bit confused

Planning on m4/m5 ez lok hard wood

How many. Inserts though? And still not sur best way to install

I usually put one about every 11cm, except between some of them make it 13cm so the enclosure can’t accidentally be installed backwards

And I feel like that’s a lot, you could probably get by with a lot less. That’s about 15 - 18 bolts per enclosure. You could probably be fine with like 9 or 10.

I also don’t put them on the corners, but just inside the corner by about 4cm on each side.

For reference, I’m talking about fiberglass enclosures. If it’s an ABS enclosure, the first thing I’d do is find a fiberglass enclosure. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

eboosted enclosure xapham deck

thanks

gonna go ez lok stainless steel hard wood just need to find on amazon

for m5 how large of a hole should i drill m4?

I would strongly suggest the Ez-Knife ones

But I measure them with calipers then select the drill size. Measure the part without the threads and go down a tiny tiny bit from that.

1 Like

cheers will do

yep gonna get ez knife
thanks and will hopefully get it right

About to order a ez knife kit but was wondering how many inserts it comes with and I know many people use inserts of eBay/aliexpress but which are compatible with ez lok?

Six. You may want a second one, just in case.

1 Like

A second tool?

No, a second pack of inserts, in case six isn’t enough.

2 Likes

Yeah 6 won’t be enough

Sadly they only sell them for 5 for £20 so I want some aliexpress fakes
Sadly shipping times…

Anyone in the U.K. got some spare?

They’re based in the US, but McMaster has comparable inserts. Shipping might tip the scales though.

2 Likes