Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I am always getting this error when I try to program from the master side :frowning:

1 Like

Which tool version?

1 Like

vesc tool 2.06 with fw 5.1

1 Like

Try an earlier one for shits and grins. 1.25.

1 Like

1.83 vesc tool? Where can I even get that?

1 Like
2 Likes

Mistake. 1.25.

1 Like

I used to jump back to Ackmaniac when I had really bad issues just to get rolling.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try it! Will report back whether it does / doesn’t work.

1 Like

I can’t upload the older fw to it to get it working with 1.25, I don’t know why. The process seems to go normally, but when rebooted it’s still fw5.1, which is incompatible with vesc tool 1.25

1 Like

Write the bootloader to the problem one.

2 Likes

Both stay at 5.1, so I should write the bootloader to both?

1 Like

Yes ​

2 Likes

Okay, thanks, I do it now.

1 Like

Okay, I uploaded the bootloader and the firmware, and it worked - I did setup the wrong input mode though :man_facepalming: I don’t know which one exactly, but when I pressed forward it made a loud and very strange noise, and braking worked. Ofc thats not what i wanted though. So after redoing the bootloader and firmware again, right now i am back at the starting point - now the input wizard says again that the firmwares on the vescs are not the same. Vesc tool is really annoying sometimes…

You’re in the much more capable hands of
@b264 now.

1 Like

Current no reverse with break did bring that strange sound back again when pressing forward. Idk how to describe it, this probably sounds stupid, but it sounds like a crying dog. I really hope I didn’t damage the hardware, this sound is definitely not normal.

1 Like

Can you make a quick video?

1 Like

I am scared I f***ed up something :grimacing:

1 Like

Never heard this before. No movement from motors?

2 Likes