Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Then bump batt to 100+ and motor to 80+ (at ur own risk)
I’d say just try it out first, and see how it goes

1 Like

Just learned this. Is it just the Unity? I assume this wouldn’t apply to canbus wired dual escs (on samepcb) e.g. makerx dv6

1 Like

unity / xenith / 60d / 100d…so far

2 Likes

Guess I skipped his reply, woops lol

1 Like

Hi Guys, does anyone know if a benchtop power supply could be used to charge a board? I’m not sure how it’ll compare to a charger where the BMS reduces the current to balance.

1 Like

Yep, see this charger I made:

Range is a function of total pack energy, not voltage.

1 Like

yes, but when i just add 2 parallel groups the total Wh will be more so i’ll get some more range, right?

1 Like

Perfect, thanks!

Yea, around 20% more range.

Am i stupid? Did i miss something?
@Anubis (your bearings) and anyone else with bergmeister hubs, what’s going on? Do these hubs not use 10mm spacers between bearings?

Common issue with bergs, mine did the same.
Had to file the spacers a bit.

1 Like

These are too short actually… adding a 1mm washer in the middle makes either bearing stick out by a tiiiny fraction so i assume it needs a 0.8mm washer to sit perfectly

So if you tighten everything, the wheel doesn’t spin freely?

If i tighten it as far as it’ll go i completely mess up my bearings

put a washer in and tighten it just very slightly more than usual? it shouldn’t affect much

Tried, wheels rattle and sound like these things over rough asphalt

Weird, I have zealous bearings in mine and didn’t find this issue

2 Likes

You would in theory but adding parallel groups like that isn’t a good thing to do.

You really want all the cells to be the same age and condition. (Technically you want similar internal resistances)

Maybe if the battery was only cycled a couple times and not run very low it might be fine. There are a lot of variables but in general, adding P-packs bad.

2 Likes

Cant pair my android with Unity over Bluetooth - getting ‘Pairing Rejected by Unity BLE 1.1’ message
… any ideas? (trying to set up mobile VESC tool)