Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Is there any difference in efficiency or power between 200kv 1:3 and 100kv 1:6 on the same size wheels (or any other examples of this)

Thanks. The anti-spark seems easy, but ive googled CAN-L and nothing comes up (tried googling Canbus-L, but no luck either). Could you poss link the product i need?

CH and CL on the port labelled CAN on the esc you have.

Check if you have any cables that fit in the cables that came with the escs.

Connect esc 1 CH to esc 2 CH
Connect esc 1 CL to esc 2 CL

1 Like

yeah, i have no other cables that were included, ill need to source them…i take it they’re difficult to find?

1 Like

just solder the wires on the pins :joy:
no crimp no plugs no pain

2 Likes

Do any of those cables fit?

They are easy to source and fairly cheap, should be JST-GH based on this

1 Like

We have some here, I’m about to list them this week on our site

One of them does fit, but id have to have 2 of them and solder their ends together? Does that sound right? but theyve only given me 1

yep, one connector for each esc

if you have a crimp tool just get a female JST-GH and crimp that on
if you don’t have a crimp tool, get a bunch of female 4 pin JST-GH and solder the wires together
if you don’t feel like soldering, get a JST-GH 4pin female-female cable, remove the two outer cables and swap the 2 middle ones so that CH goes to CH and CL to CL

or ali/ebay/wherever

1 Like

If I add an extra washer to space out my wheel for the motor, do I need to add a washer to every wheel to even it out?

cheers man, just ordered some…from china lol, only place apparently (ebay).
I dream of the day that folks include bluetooth and antispark built into the ESC ;-D

1 Like

i would say it doesn’t matter for just 1mm washer, but some might disagree :joy:
some of my board have more washer on one side than the other for belt alignment, and im still alive :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

xenith, 60d and 100d : lol wut?
:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

And spintend which is also hv

(i was ripping on Maker-X ;-D)

1 Like

@YUTW123 u know what to do now :smirk:

1 Like

I’ll just add one to each side to make myself feel better😂

1 Like

In all seriousness though, if the built in antispark would die, there is a good chance you would have to replace the whole vesc

My current favorite meter (I have two) is the Uni-T UT-210E. It does all the usual stuff, and also has an AC/DC clamp meter function so you can measure up to 100A non invasively (without disconnecting anything to out the meter in series.)

3 Likes

Speaking of anti spark, how can you tell when yours fails? Are they’re any noises? Will the board stop working?

1 Like