Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

can you not use a literal hinge?
one of the ones which locks in place?

i looked online and you can get some pretty small ones for like £2

Why not just turn the entire thing 180 degrees when you’re not using it so the flap is on the bottom? It’s not like you’re going to need the illumination a foot in front of you, and that’s one less moving part.

2 Likes

because i like to use every bit of light i have available ^^ I have the mount on my older flashlight and i lose quite a bit of light by just turning it around, thats why i want to maximise it. The flashlight isn’t mounted to anything so theres no stress on the parts.

1 Like

What about instead of a hinge, you do a telescoping/sliding flap that you just move forward or back on the flashlight body? Or do one of those rotating arm thingies, where you can get better mounting points for the hinges.

1 Like

Make it a 2 part. Mount + threaded cover.?

2 Likes

Here u go: Introducing the BKB Xenith: The end to the Blood Unity 🩸

1 Like

i ment replacing the momentary switch or any other solution, not the whole unity :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

oh my bad, not sure if anyone in EU has any left :joy:

How big is the unity switch? I might have something close enough

this is the exact same one

2 Likes

I think I have 12mm wide. But they are longer than the unity switch

1 Like

i wouldnt mind the dimesions, i just need a functional one :sweat_smile:

technically u can use any MOM type switch, any size, any length, even one without led

Edit: just don’t forget about the 3V minimum rating, then u r good @olsyke

2 Likes

i see, i wasn’t aware of that, ty

Just pm me if you need one. I’m going to the post office tomorrow or saturday anyway

@seaborder

If an esc supports VESC firmware 5.1+, does it mean it’s based on vesc 6? And I’d be able to use higher battery amps and higher erpm? I was just looking at the BKB Xenith and wanted to confirm.

No, you can run FW5.1 on V4 architecture VESCs, the Zenith is the exact same as the unity except for the heatsink and different colour so its also V4 based. If you want a V6 VESC I can recommend the MakerX DV6.

2 Likes

I was between using some of MakerX’s escs and the TB6 escs at first, but after seeing the xenith I’m also considering it now lol.

vesc 6 handles higher currents and voltage than vesc 4, but the unity/xenith can handle similar(ish?~100a cts @ 60V on the DV6 vs 80a cts @ 51V on the xenith) specs as well. Are there other reasons why I would go with vesc 6 besides higher voltage/current? I feel like I’m missing something.

2 Likes

2 vs 3 shunt design?

1 Like