Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

does your setup include an idler pulley if yes 14t should be fine(i have used that) if not then let someone else answer as im not sure

@b264

1 Like

I will have the dickyho mount so I can buy an idler too. Though I really don’t know which size of belt I should get with an idler. Without it I would buy either 345 or 350mm length. More like 350.

1 Like

so when it comes you can use a piece of string to calculate by wrapping it around the setup

with an idler 14t should be fine i think

1 Like

If you follow the tooltips when you hover over Efficiency then it should be in the general area.

It’s at full charge.

This is going to depend on lots of things, though.

1 Like

Thanks! The thing is I cannot wait for the setup and buy belts after. Belts here are like 10€ each and belts from dickyho are 2$.

@b264 Does 14T often skip? (talking single drive here)

2 Likes

Skipping is determined by a lot more than that. I wouldn’t use 14T on a single motor setup. It’s better on a dual.

1 Like

Okay, thanks! I will go 15T then!

1 Like

how can i use standard trucks on a flux motion deck
got angled baseplates but will that work?
or do i need angled risers

I don’t think “how” is the appropriate question. In DIY, anything can be done.

I think a better question is “why”. Certainly there may be a better deck choice out there for longboard trucks.

2 Likes

need a deck with huge battery underboard for 4wd longboard trucks and i love really large decks
the flux really appeals to me

the only other option i can think of is the evo but not a major fan of its shape

want a deck with a huge battery but also fast

other then 3dservisas very expensive option how else could i do it

You could make DIY angled risers with some steel and a welder.

2 Likes

i dont have a welder so thats a bit of an issue

is there an stl for a riser like 3d servisas so i could print it

I would not go down that route.

5 Likes

k
but why is that?

also do you know the angle of the flux deck?

3d printed part on a high stress area is just stupid, it’ll fail

7 Likes

oh didnt realise that was a high stress area since a lot of standard risers are softer materials

There was a Lacroix with hypertrucks… The guy put soft rubber risers. Guess what? Well with vibrations the rubber compressed, the titanium screws loosened and they snapped mid ride.

That’s what vibrations can do

4 Likes

ah k thanks
will probably go 3d servisas

last thing is will this deck be fine for high speeds just all fast boards ive seen before (40mph+) have used flat decks mostly

1 Like

Should loctite be used on the bolts attaching a motor to a geardrive?

If so what kind?

1 Like