No pictures because it is only on paper

A Landyachtz Evo is always a good choice. Also, check with @jamie, he may have something laying around in Valhalla (that’s what I call his shop) :grinning:

2 Likes

I noticed the Subsonic deck had some of the features you recommend the Evo for. The difference that attracted me being more flex while the Evo is listed as very little flex.

I’ve never ridden one but by most accounts its a quality deck. If you want a flexy deck consider your enclosure and battery pack as well.

Surprisingly there is an enclosure already:

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/subsonic-century-40-ss/

Although I would like to get motivated and build a segmented one myself. Probably wishful thinking.

2 Likes

All right. After the input here I have made adjustments. If I have made no more immediate goofs I am going to start ordering this list up.

The weights shown greyed are my guesses. My concerns about the 2" drop on the board seem unfounded. eBoosted already did a very similar build on the same deck. Enough clearance that any problems should be solvable with riser(s).

I’m going with blue stain faded front to back, black stain on the rails, and the shark fin grip tape. Landshark is taken. I guess it will be named Blue Shark.

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190407120132

Edit: I like the looks and reviews on the Hoyt St. bamboo remote but I have seen some posts about issues with it and the Unity so I am holding off on a remote to see if that gets settled.

1 Like

Non-issue my good man, buy away

2 Likes

But maybe you mean compatibility? Should not be an issue? Seen people post success in receiver signal being recognized. Maybe teething issues more to do with folks coming to grips with the Unity, in which case it could have been any remote…

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m not too concerned about RF. I’ve been designing antennas since 1994. These are a few of my more recent babies.

4 Likes

Personally, I had zero issues setting up the Hoyt Puck on my Unity, recognized it just fine. I asked Enertion support about a comment they made about the Puck having issues calibrating on Unity’s setup, but they never responded. I’ve found a handful of bugs in their software though, so I’d lean more towards teething issues on Unity’s fork.

There’s nothing magical coming out of the Hoyt receiver though, it’s a standard ppm signal.

2 Likes

I have to ask. Are people really paying $70 insurance on a $247 Unity? Insurance is betting against yourself. If they are charging $70 then the claim rate is less than 70/247.

2 Likes

I’m personally not, but then again I only bought a Unity to see just how much of a derivative it is to VESC.

My favorite: the battery amp input on the Unity goes up to 100amps. But they only ship it with an XT-60 connector, and you will void the warranty by replacing this with a higher rated connector. Unless, of course, you purchase the upgraded warranty from Enertion.

Wish I was kidding.

3 Likes

Enertion platinum warranties make Jason giggle in his sleep

3 Likes

That’s clearly a photoshop, but I’m going to say impressive just in case you have control of a large laser onboard and I’m in your orbiting path.

What do you think of the latest space garbage flotation by the Chinese? Will it burn up or puncture your shit?

1 Like

@mmaner Lol - shop has a new name now!!

2 Likes

Nah. I think you mean India shooting one of their own satellites with an anti-satellite weapon. I did a quick back of the envelope when the Chinese did it a few years back. The dire warnings about chain reaction destruction are alarmist. People forget that space is really big. 500,000 pieces of junk or whatever the latest number is between earth and geosynchronous orbit adds up to a lot of space between pieces of junk. Ignoring the volume earth takes up that is a volume of 4/3 pi (23,000 miles)^3. That is 5E13 cubic miles. With 500,000 pieces of junk that is one piece of junk in every 102 million cubic miles - a cube 4.7 million miles per side.

It is still news when the space station has to maneuver to maintain their minimum 1 in 100,000 probability of collision with a softball-sized object. They state the Indian stunt increased the probability of a collision by 44% for 10 days. Yeah, but that is 44% of a number much smaller than 1 in 100,000.

The much bigger risk is from solar storms. A 100 year solar flare could take out most of the satellites out there and the damage wouldn’t end in space. People don’t fear things that are too horrible to consider - they don’t consider them. So, stir up some space junk fear. It will be good for some funding anyway. Later on we will figure out what practical applications there are for what we invent to catch space junk.

2 Likes

India, close :joy:

That’s an interesting perspective, I guess you don’t want to be around if the softball hit. Operation Mitt

The in orbit picture might be an artist’s rendition but the satellite is real. There are 4 in orbit. Each one of these 8 reflectors gimbals in two axes so it can cover anywhere on earth. The east and west side antennas are fixed but cover the earth with hundreds of spot beams. I used to work with those two guys. Now I am the competition. The lawyers loved it, they got to write each other threatening letters.

2 Likes

I take it all back Norm, you are the man

They have bills to pay as well, it’s just they want you to pay them

Very cool tho, now government agency spying anecdotes will round this off nicely

2 Likes

Nah, here I’m a noob still trying to figure out my first design. The interesting thing is, satellites or skateboards, physics is physics. Maxwell and Euler figured it all out hundreds of years ago and we just keep copying their work.

4 Likes