No pictures because it is only on paper

You can find it here.

2 Likes

I really dont wanna take over the world, too many idiots and too much responsibility. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

One reply to several:

Yeah I haven’t found motor mounts for the Seismic Spring Trucks. That shouldn’t be a problem. I have access to CNC machines at work and people have posted motor mount models. Just have to mod for the shape of the truck.

I’m not quite dumb enough to ignore the experts so there is only one thing to do. Get the Seismic Spring Trucks and the Surf Rodz and try both out on the Evolve. mmaner you recommended the TKP. Wouldn’t the RKP be more applicable for my goal, a smooth riding carver? That way I can compare all three (Seismic Spring, Surf Rodz T/RKP, and Evolve Supercarve).

1 Like

I feel like you can carve better at 25 or less on TKPs. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I’ve been digging in based on the recommendations here. The Surf Rodz recommend to not use with a drop through and state they won’t fit one anyway. It doesn’t look like the Seismic spring trucks will work with a drop through either. Searching the recommended board makers I am not finding what I am looking for:

39-44" long
9.25-10" wide
medium flex, preferably with some bamboo
drop deck
concave, no W!

Everything I have found that fits the other criteria is drop through. My Six Shooters shipped yesterday, so time to get a deck ordered up.

Talk to @Psychotiller about his custom Jet Killshots. They aren’t drop through, but have a significant drop.

1 Like

I will do that. I also found this one that I like but I worry a 2" drop isn’t going to leave enough ground clearance for the enclosure. They offer this board customized. I sent a question to see if they could make a 1" drop, although I would guess they are limited to changes in outline since they don’t affect the form.

There is also this board on the Surf Rodz site but there isn’t much info on it.

2 Likes

A Landyachtz Evo is always a good choice. Also, check with @jamie, he may have something laying around in Valhalla (that’s what I call his shop) :grinning:

2 Likes

I noticed the Subsonic deck had some of the features you recommend the Evo for. The difference that attracted me being more flex while the Evo is listed as very little flex.

I’ve never ridden one but by most accounts its a quality deck. If you want a flexy deck consider your enclosure and battery pack as well.

Surprisingly there is an enclosure already:

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/subsonic-century-40-ss/

Although I would like to get motivated and build a segmented one myself. Probably wishful thinking.

2 Likes

All right. After the input here I have made adjustments. If I have made no more immediate goofs I am going to start ordering this list up.

The weights shown greyed are my guesses. My concerns about the 2" drop on the board seem unfounded. eBoosted already did a very similar build on the same deck. Enough clearance that any problems should be solvable with riser(s).

I’m going with blue stain faded front to back, black stain on the rails, and the shark fin grip tape. Landshark is taken. I guess it will be named Blue Shark.

DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20190407120132

Edit: I like the looks and reviews on the Hoyt St. bamboo remote but I have seen some posts about issues with it and the Unity so I am holding off on a remote to see if that gets settled.

1 Like

Non-issue my good man, buy away

2 Likes

But maybe you mean compatibility? Should not be an issue? Seen people post success in receiver signal being recognized. Maybe teething issues more to do with folks coming to grips with the Unity, in which case it could have been any remote…

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m not too concerned about RF. I’ve been designing antennas since 1994. These are a few of my more recent babies.

4 Likes

Personally, I had zero issues setting up the Hoyt Puck on my Unity, recognized it just fine. I asked Enertion support about a comment they made about the Puck having issues calibrating on Unity’s setup, but they never responded. I’ve found a handful of bugs in their software though, so I’d lean more towards teething issues on Unity’s fork.

There’s nothing magical coming out of the Hoyt receiver though, it’s a standard ppm signal.

2 Likes

I have to ask. Are people really paying $70 insurance on a $247 Unity? Insurance is betting against yourself. If they are charging $70 then the claim rate is less than 70/247.

2 Likes

I’m personally not, but then again I only bought a Unity to see just how much of a derivative it is to VESC.

My favorite: the battery amp input on the Unity goes up to 100amps. But they only ship it with an XT-60 connector, and you will void the warranty by replacing this with a higher rated connector. Unless, of course, you purchase the upgraded warranty from Enertion.

Wish I was kidding.

3 Likes

Enertion platinum warranties make Jason giggle in his sleep

3 Likes