No pictures because it is only on paper

Here is my first guess. I want an ultimate precision carver. Stable at 20-25 mph. That’s plenty fast enough for me. Good range, at least 20 miles. This seems to do that if it all actually works together.

3 Likes

If you want to get 20 miles on numies your going to need a larger battery

Also, make sure you check the axle diameter for the trucks you’re using and get appropriate bearing to fit the 6 shooters. I think they are 12mm axles, but I’m not sure. 6 Shooters uses standard bearings, so 22mm OD.

3 Likes

If you find 12x5x22mm bearing that doesn’t cost 15$/piece, let me know

3 Likes

5mm width? Can you use 7mm width?

1 Like

7 is better

1 Like

aliexpress no
alibaba yes
https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/bearing-12x22x5.html

3 Likes

So AFAIK the Moonshine County Line is a standard longboard deck, the TRAMPA mini spring is a channel truck (straight kingpin).

You’d need a 30-35 degree angled riser in order to get those trucks to work on that deck, or choose a MTB style deck that has angled ends. Or, choose RKP/TKP trucks that don’t require an angled mount.

3 Likes

The trucks are the thing on that list I am least certain about. There don’t seem to be many channel trucks out there for DIY. It seems to me the combination of the easily adjusted springs and the dampers should make for a nice consistent bounce back when carving. But I’m just looking at the thing and guessing. I’m pretty happy with the Gullwing Sidewinder type trucks on my Evolve but the engineer in me thinks there has to be a better system than squishing urethane bushings. I’ve read some things about speed wobbles with the Trampa spring trucks but I’m never going to grow the cajones to run at the speed some of you do. Just really unsure about the trucks.

1 Like

If you are gonna top out at 25, look at Surf Rodz TKP’s, the bushing seat makes them extremely carvey and stable, plus you can dial in the bushings for your ride style, height and weight (IMHO).

https://www.surf-rodz.com/content/tkp-hex-10mm

Full disclosure, 25 MPH is fine for channel trucks as well, I just like the street feel of skate trucks.

3 Likes

Yesterday I ran 12 miles on my Bamboo GTX AT and the battery still showed over half power left. I’m still waiting on my Six Shooters I ordered but in the mean time I replaced the Evolve 50 psi 7" tires with Trampa Urban Treadz 85 psi 6 1/2" tires. I put them on the stock Evolve POS plastic hub with the Evolve stock 7" inner tube so I haven’t had the guts to pump it up to 85 psi yet. Even at 70 psi I am getting probably twice the roll I did before and much better range. That is with 10s4p if I am not mistaken. It also feels more stable on sustained turns with the Urban Treadz. I was able to get closer to balancing the tire/wheel combo with the Treadz. I would have thought another 20% of better cells would get me to 20 miles.

1 Like

You must be pretty lite to get that kind of watt hour usage.

Here’s a couple of things to keep in mind about AT wheels.

Typically, a flat profile wheel will grp better but have more rolling resistance. A round profile wheel will slide on sharp turns and when its wet but has less rolling resistance. Less rolling resistance gives you more battery life, but it’s not a lot hen comparing like size numies.

1 Like

Out of everything on that Evolve I would say those tires were the lowest quality component. They were so out of round they were impossible to balance. I think I gained by getting them off that board. Plus the profile was a little too tall which I think made them feel soft on sustained turns.

I’m not light. Close to 200 pounds. I do keep it in FAST not GT and cruise at a partial throttle as they suggest. It is also very flat around here.

I see the Seismic Spring trucks come with the angle built into the baseplate. They recommend 30 degree rear and 45 degree front. They are cheap enough to be worth trying out unless they are known to be shit. I’m not looking for a skateboard feel I’m looking for a performance longboard surfboard feel. Like my modern layup (read light) Weber Performer.

If you’re using an Evolve battery and you use “GT” mode on their ESC then you will kill that battery in no time at all. And I mean “kill” like the bad way, not meaning you just need to plug it in for a while. Even in “FAST” mode the Evolve batteries don’t last very long.

Illustration of how changes to the battery current limit per motor affects the maximum possible top speed while climbing a 20% slope and the ideal gear ratio necessary to achieve that velocity:

2 Likes

max possible speed and optimal gear ratios from 0%-40% grades and 10-60a current limits with (2) 190kv 0.05ohm motors, 250lbs, 42v battery & 100mm tires…

Not sure if there is a motor mount for those trucks

What calculator is that?
It is the only one I have seen that matches my real life usage.

2 Likes

I think its own one made using excel or something

1 Like

It’s how @mmaner is going to take over the world, with macros

1 Like

Maybe cause he used 80% effiency instead of the optomistic 90% that most calculators have as default?

Being tall can put dent in top speed due to drag.

3 Likes