No name yet | Haya HB 83 | Moon gear drives or Hummie hubs | 12s2p | Unity | Hoyt puck | TB 110

This is the second board I am building because my main hummie board is a little too big/heavy for what I need.

As of right now I have everything but the @moon gear drives but I am going to use the hummie hubs from my other board until I get them :smile:

I am going to hold off for a little bit before assembling this with the hubs because I plan on filming some riding clips to make a video on them to help @hummieee’s Kickstarter up in Tahoe.

I also bought an @alterbags maxi backpack for holding it while at school.

The battery is a 12s2p made of Sanyo NCR2070C with a continuous discharge of 60 amps and a capacity of 7 ah. I have had 2 batteries built from @hyperion1 and both are great and communication has been great.

I plan on doing light blue glass frit soon so I will update this when I do that.

13 Likes

Why did you only go for 12s2p

Just wondering why you didn’t go for a slightly larger pack

2 Likes

Maybe for weight? But yeah that’s kind of a small battery for a set of Hummies

1 Like

I have a 12s3p battery in my main hummie build and I only need to go about 4 miles tops so I didn’t really need the extra weight.

1 Like

K fair enough
Nice build though

1 Like

I have a little 10s2p 30T pack that I can just bang into any board because it’s such a great size and the amp delivery is more than enough to move me around and climb moderate hills (probably more if I wanted).

Versatile packs like this are excellent.

4 Likes

Alright a quick update,
I did the glass frit and it is drying at the moment, went with 3 colors and I really like the look,

I got a davega x raw which is going to go real nice with the silver on the haya…

I am just going to go with hummies on the haya and I might get bergs and use some at gear drives on my hummie

I am going to be down in LA with the board unless something happens on the 24 and hopefully I can join in on the skunk gang fun and I am going to be in San Diego on the 26th… can’t wait to use this and see the finished product!

9 Likes

What are your materials for fritting?

1 Like

I am using a urethane brush that I got at home depot, glossy water based spar urethane, and some medium glass frit that I got on esty…

The photo of the urethane isnt exactly what I used, same exact thing but gloss

1 Like

How did you go power switch wise?
Asking because i got my hands on a hb83 too for my next build and that’s the only point i’m still wondering about

2 Likes

I am probably going to do something similar to this…

I might make my own or just use this one

2 Likes

Just the switch+zip ties+silicone did the trick for me :wink:

It allows you to use genuine shockpads and not a solid riser.

Printing it in flexible TPU should work too

2 Likes

Where did you put it?
Straight out of the channel going under the board?

1 Like

Use one of the motor wire holes, then just sand down a small path for the wires into the riser and thats it

Another option is to drill a small hole into the baseplate (sorry for the potato image)

3 Likes

I Drilled a hole into the side of the deck so it sits flush against the side

4 Likes

I drilled a little hole with a dremel to the truck and made a little groove for the cables to sit in :slight_smile:

That’s one smooth solution. Your picture made me realise i didn’t think of the charging port either - __-

1 Like

That’s clean. Did you seal it somehow?

Your switch is on top of the board??

The one in the picture is the charging port, that same board does not have a power switch as I rely only on push-to-start. You could do it for the power button as well, just pass a couple more wires in case you want one with light.

My other board (hb83) does have a power button (front truck) and a charging port (rear truck).

1 Like