Nkp 3-link Production.

Have you considered welding this part or making a custom-machined piece of hardware for it?

1 Like

With 12000+watts and 3.5sec 0 ro 65kph times running through this part without issue, No, I have not considered fixing somthing that is not broke.

4 Likes

@MoeStooge what is the per truck mass of the HD 3-links?

and out of curiosity, what is the total mass of the SRB v5?

1 Like

@MoeStooge i recently adjusted the position of the rod mounting collars on my 3-links and am wondering it this may have had any unintended effects?

how does increasing this angle effect steering performance?

2 Likes

if you made that angle as small as possible it would take away from its ability to resist steering deflection slightly. Wider the lower the forces are on the small links. Just my understanding from looking at them.

2 Likes

@Cyanoacrylate

The steering ratio change difference by moving the collar mount (all in or all out) is very little.

Here is a video on steering ratio adjustment.

Here is a video on collar installation proper tightening

Our mailing weight with packaging:
HD truck set. 8 lbs
V-5 rolling chassis. 38 lbs

6 Likes

@MoeStooge i can’t easily find it but what’s the thread pattern of the center spherical bearing?

Trying to see if a thinner jam nut exists.

2 Likes

5/8-18
5/8-18

3 Likes

Why we use B-7 alloy stock for our hangers.

Through our in shop stress testing we found fully hardened 4130 chromoly gave us a quality that would snap instead of taking a bend when criticality shockloaded.

Our testing of B-7 alloy found it will take a bend instead of breaking when criticality stressed. B-7 Stock comes properly heat treated from 4140 and is fully machinable.

Our original hangers are made from B-7 1/2" (12.7mm). They worked well but with heavy riders, repeated shockloading will stress the hanger.
We introduced the 15.5" HD 5/8" thick (15.88mm) hanger in response.

Grade B7 is a heat-treated chromium-molybdenum low-alloy steel with minimum tensile strength requirement of 125 ksi (860 Mpa), yield 105 ksi (720 Mpa), and maximum hardness of 35HRC. Made from Alloy Steel AISI 4140 bar stock or forging stock to produce B7.

In our hanger design, the criticality stressed area is found in the carrier area of the main pivot center heim.
All hanger tensile loading is focused on this area.

SRB hanger design is track, street and offroad proven.
Made from intentional materials to provide long term performance and reliability. One piece at a time, Made in the USA.

18 Likes

[quote=“MoeStooge, post:777, topic:42677, full:true”]

19mm mounts on the Short Rod SRB 3-link

19 Likes

When did those hangars and gear drive come from?! :exploding_head:

6 Likes

Magnetic drive!!! Straight of an RS+!!!

7 Likes

Thank You Moe and Artem! This board is awesome!

@Skyart
@MoeStooge

22 Likes

This looks fantastic.

@MoeStooge looks like these are custom profiles that thread onto the axle? Any plans to sell different profiles so more folks can use gear drives on the srb 3 links?

6 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh @MoeStooge , any word on when the phat 4” tires will be back in stock? Can I call dibs on 8 of em?

3 Likes

@Swol_Moon Wide 45s are 4-6 weeks out.
Shoot me a DM on this

3 Likes

I would need your gear drives and trucks to clock, seat, and fit.

2 Likes

Hi Moe, ok, that is great to hear. It may take me a month or two to be in a position to send in my entire drivetrain.

The gear drives I have are the apex jump drives, and the truck clamps to mount to the truck axle are 22x22mm r6. The axle is perfectly centered through the truck clamp.

If I purchase a set of HD 3 links from you, would the truck clamp above be enough to create the adapter to the 3-link, or would you prefer to have the entire gear drive in hand?

2 Likes

I would like to have the geardrive as well. On setup i can properly clock the drive for deck and ground clearance.

1 Like